1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Psychics - Believe it or Not?

Discussion in 'Social' started by Portabella, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

Do you believe in psychics? see'rs? just curious what people believe in and what they feel is hogwarsh.....

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Myself, not generally. Most are charlatans. Eager to take advantage, make a profit on gullible and desperate individuals. However. Reckon occasionally there is a genuine one. Some people, women especially, seem to have a gift for foresight that goes beyond "women's intuition". My mother was one of them. And. A woman claiming to be a spiritualist is one of our neighbours. Not certain she has any true abilities. However. She is a genuine good person with a good heart. Believes in the spirit world and does not charge money for her services.

Jim.

nie likes this.
  4. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

I don't know about psychics in general; as a rule I'm suspicious. Yet, I've had numerous experiences in my life that tell me that the human mind is capable of knowing more than we might generally expect. Whether it's because the mind can pick up on very subtle cues or whether it's something beyond that, I don't know. What I do know is that foresight does happen sometimes, because it's happened to me. Okay, I probably shouldn't have responded to this, cause I know I sound like a total loon! But it's true.

5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

I believe that 99.9% of all physics are scammers, honest or not beliefs, scammers at the end of the day. The other 0.01% I believe actually do have a true ability to see, hear and notice things beyond this world. That means one has to believe there is more than what we see... and that I do. I do not believe we are the only one's in the entire universe, I do not believe we just die and that is it; because there is simply far to many unanswered questions relating to spiritual energy. It is scientifically studied that the body is made up off energy, and its not the energy that dies but instead our body that can no longer harness it. Something like that I think from memory.

Well, that is about the most I believe thus far from my own judgement. John Edwards for example can do things that just can not be answered logically, he knows things about people that could not be randomly guessed. Allison DuBois is another that knows things that could not possibly be known beyond this world, without outside help beyond intuition. These are two that are prominent within the world, tested and have not failed.

Tanishq likes this.
  6. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Ok, so I think this thread could go on and on.....I think that women have a internal gut feeling about things that men don't feel. I think it's just nature. Woman in general tend to be more in tune than men are.

I don't myself believe that for the most part believe in fortune tellers or physics....But Anthony is so right about John Edwards.....That guy is amazing.....I would sit down with him and probably have the pants scared right off of me. But it would be interesting.....

Wen

7. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

1st Law of Thermodynamics: Energy cannot be created or destroyed. It can only be transfered to another form.

I'm with everyone about not trusting 99% of folks who claim to have 'the sight'. People who truly have a gift don't go around promoting it. They usually just want to be left alone to live their lives. Money tends to be the dividing line. Run from the ones who say they know, but need to be paid first.

8. Damiea

Damiea Well-Known Member

I do believe that all people have something they use to go through life that just helps them "feel" people and situations and places or whatever. Like how sometimes you just "feel" you don't like this person.. or this place.. or whatever. Or how you "feel" like you have known a person all your life when you have just met them! We do all have energy inside us.. its how our bodys work! so I can believe that this energy reacts to other people and places or anything in ways we will never be able to sientifically understand!

Kind of like how you all can understand what I'm saying when my spelling is so awfull!! ROFL!

9. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Well part of the 99% of scammers happens to be my mother. She charges $30.00 for a tarot reading and sees angels that talk to her.

Yeahhhh, right.

Anyways, you'd have to be something awful ****ing special for me to believe it. I do believe there is more than we can see, but I think 99.99% of the population is completely full of shit about it too.

bec

10. 2quilt

2quilt I'm a VIP

psychics and yogurt

Psychics, tarot car readers, and those people are simply there for entertainment. They do it for money, so please don't go to them entrusting them with your savings.

My husband likes to apply that "energy can't be created or destroyed" physics law to his favorite dairy products that have been in the fridge a liiiiittle too long past the expiration date: the energy in milk just 'changes form' to become something... else......the energy in that yogurt container just became a science project. Which he still consumes.
    There's no accounting for men.

11. Marilyn_S

Marilyn_S Well-Known Member

Since you can buy Tarot cards in the local book store I consider it to be sort of like a game. Kind of like D&D. If someone really did have special powers they would probably be smart enough not to capitolize on them but use them for real good. I agree with the others about the 99% but I don't think they are intensional scammers, just silly people who think they have special powers because they bought a pack of cards at a local book store. I got a set of them myself! lol!

12. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Bec,

I used to see angles too......When I was drinking, with my head in the toilet, praying to god, to just take me......

13. ptsd_cracker

ptsd_cracker Member

I believe there are some things are possible but I would never pay for psychic services. I don't know if it's just really good intuition but something weird happens to me on occasion whether in a dream, etc which somewhat accurately predicts future coming events in my life. When I have said that is too unreal and ignored it is usually when they come true. I also have had absolutely no control over my predicts, in other words cant pick lucky numbers for the lotto. I had reoccurring dreams at age 12 that I would die suddenly in my 30's and I have had 3 near death experiences from age 30 on and I'm only 36.....3 1/2 years to know whether or not it actually comes true.

Anyways I think that there has to be a lot more investigation before I can conclude that it's possible or not.