• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Psychopath? don’t know what to think! input needed

• Thread starter Deleted member 37868
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 37868

so I have or I guess had a friend, let’s call her Amy, we were in a friend group but I wasn’t very close with her until recently. So Amy and me started hanging out more. We are similar ppl, love philosophy and art, were both lowkey ppl, we just shared a lot of interests.

Amy and a mutual friend broke up, but I remained friends with both, and they would tell me things about each other. I didn’t pick s side. Our friend Julie, attempted suicide a while back, she texted Amy, and that’s basically why they broke up.

I started noticing Amy lacked empathy, like a lot. She would say weird things like I’m dark, my sister calls me evil, I don’t feel guilt. I was like whatever she’s trying to be edgy. Let me just say, I’m an empath, so I’ve drawn some psychos to me in my time, but so far she hadn’t done anything malicious to me.

This weekend we were hanging out, it was pretty fun at first, but she told me her other friend broke up with her, I asked why, and she said he told her that she’s very dishonest. One time she told me she wanted to cut out her boyfriends heart, I asked if she meant metaphorically, and she just didn’t answer. Anyways I never took any of it seriously. She drove me to the hospital once, and basically waited the whole time.

Anyways last weekend. It was super late, and I was tired, she starts talking about how she s gonna sleep in my bed. I said no. At least ten times, but she kept pressing me, not even asking really. Finally I get her upstairs, and she picks a fight with me about avocado toast, I’m not kidding. I made myself one, but I asked her if she wanted one, she said no. Then she asks me if I’m gonna share, k I just hate sharing food, it icks me out. So I’m like I’ll make u one. Then she says no, I don’t want one. I’m like I’m gonna go to bed. She try’s driving home, completely baked in a snowstorm. I stopped her, got her to bed.

The next day I make her breakfast , explain very nicely that I cannot sleep with ppl in my bed, I’m sorry if that offended her, but since I was raped I can only sleep alone, I even kick the cat out. She harassed me for 5 days with texts, btw I know she was in love with our friend Julie. I realized maybe she was into me, maybe not, but I tell her accept her either way it’s cool, but I’m straight.

Then shit gets ugly. She belittles and idk judges me for the fact that I feel the way I do, mind u because of the rape. I feel like absolute garbage by the end of it, just so horrible? Like I’m completely worthless and I have no right to think or feel or say anything. At one point she says I don’t care what you feel, or think or say, in those words, very bluntly. I actually apologized for getting annoyed with her, which was my ptsd, but nonetheless I apologized. She told me she does think she said or did anything wrong.

I blocked her now and cut off all contact. Julie went through a similar experience with her, except hers lasted 6 months, Amy would sign up for all the same classes as her, and sit near her. Julie stopped going to classes that semester because of it.

I don’t know whether she’s really hurt and in the closet or a complete psychopath. My family thinks she’s dangerous, and they are really worried. Please any input would be helpful. I don’t know what to do.

Thanks for sharing. It sounds like a difficult and scary situation.

My advice would be to have a think on what boundaries you have for friends and friendships. This, in an abstract way, like making your own set of guidelines. 'What would my friend be?' 'How would they behave?' 'What do I want from a friendship?' Questions like that.

Once you have a good checklist, with some dos and don'ts on there, then start applying it to your current friendships. This may be hard, and try not to bend the rules to suit or please anyone. If someone doesn't make the checklist, then really they have to go. Especially since you mentioned an abusive experience and ptsd, as you really have to look after yourself with extra care.

In how you go about leaving old friends, that can be tricky. I think telling them, blocking them, removing them from your life is good. In a short time they will fade out, as long as you don't reignite any communication.

I went through something similar a few years ago, and now am free of all those unhelpful and damaging friendships. I've had no contact from them for years now, and we've all moved on to different lives. I hope you can find the confidence to make those choices. You are certainly worth it.

:)

You've put your boundries in place. Now, wait and see what she does. You mentioned another friend going thru this with her for 6 months.. what happened that the woman finally left your friend alone... ??

And totally agree about not reengaging with her. It sends mixed messages and apparently with this woman... it needs to be reinforced by your action of non action, if that makes sense...

Being an empath myself, I totally understand about attracting people that mistake kindness for weakness.... one suggestion... if you should come across her by accident, do not show fear... even if you are afraid... this is when I give people , what I call the 'lizard eye'... standing tall, and if they insist on making contact... I just look at them with my eyes at 'half mast'..use body language that says you are confident.... whether you feel that way or not...

I truly hope she leaves you alone, they eventually find new victims when others don't want to play the game... this can be scary, but don't give her any power if you can... hope she stays away...

One time she told me she wanted to cut out her boyfriends heart,
Hmmmmm. Can you read that statement back to yourself? Would you have any reasons for ever expressing yourself that way?

Thing is, it sounds like you are looking for a reason for someone to give you validation as to not hanging out with her anymore, yet you have written a good sized post with so many clear reasons, I am not certain why it isn't clear to you yet. She is not a person that an empath should be hanging out with, is my thought on the matter.

Hmmmmm. Can you read that statement back to yourself? Would you have any reasons for ever expressing...
No I’m not sure whether she’s possibly mentally ill, I actually thought that she might possibly be autistic but no one ever found out. That or it’s severely repressed sexuality, did I post that her parents would completely disown her if she ever came out? They’re like old school Russian. If that’s the case I would interpret everything completely differently. That’s why I asked for input, I don’t know what to think. I don’t know if a psychopath would really say things like she did about herself, they don’t really let u see behind the mask as much as she did. The point is I don’t know. I’m the kind of person who needs to understand things, and I don’t understand this. The thing with cutting out a heart, same thing, why would a psychopath admit stuff like that, they’re not generally that honest. Anyways I’m a thinker lol, I think I think too much.

If you don't feel comfortable around her why do you need us to tell you anything? Just stay the heck awa...
Well I mean I’m allowed posting my thoughts on here. Lol, why are you telling me I shouldn’t? I already cut her out of my life, I’m trying to understand the situation, I guess maybe not everyone does but I do. Period, I’m allowed posting my thoughts on here.

Thanks for sharing. It sounds like a difficult and scary situation.

My advice would be to have a...
Ya thank you,
I cut her out already, I think most ppl on here weren’t getting it really. Her number has been deleted days ago and she’s blocked from contacting me. Not that many ppl are actually psycopaths, we throw that word around very easily, I already knew she wasn’t good for me, that’s not exactly the point of my post. I know myself really well it took me about 4 days to cut her out of my life, I’m very good at it lol. I’m not sure what ppl weren’t getting. Im not asking if I should be friends with her again that ship has sailed, I am genuinely still confused about her behaviour, this could be a person who is mentally ill, and no one is getting her help, me and Julie were both pretty concerned about that. Were not professionals, I just thought maybe someone on here would have had experience with this. I shouldn’t have even put psychopath in the title, I think I prejudiced ppl with it. I don’t know what’s up with her. I have several mentally ill ppl in my family, I know it can look very different. She smokes weed constantly, I almost felt like it’s some kind of psychosis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back