• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Psychosis-related Ptsd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hush92

Confident
Wow.....ok so I always felt pathetic that I developed PTSD after bad psychotic episodes. I always felt like I didn't deserve to be traumatized by them because they weren't real and were all in my mind. Well I'm starting to research it now, and guess what? There is a phenomenon called Psychosis-Related PTSD wherein people with psychotic disorders develop PTSD from terrifying symptoms or even the hospitalization process. In fact, they have estimated that 40% (to as much as possibly 67%!) of people with a psychotic disorder will develop some form of PTSD from their experiences.

This is hugely validating to me. I am reading several papers on it right now. It is not commonly known, and very little research has been done on it. (More research has been done on people with PTSD who develop psychotic symptoms, not the other way around.) Anyways, just thought I'd share what I found.

Definitely not commonly known, but very interesting!
I will do some reasearch on this also, it's really new to me

I hope you are getting better :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back