• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

PTSD and Chocolate Consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH Ruddy, Ruddy, Ruddy!

A "chocaholic" is not a person to mess with. We are not people who make much sense when it comes to our chocolate fix. Never, never come between one of us and our candy!

If need be we would walk thru glass for a candy bar. So a little snow is no big deal

Hey, it's 55 degrees (12 C) right now...that's cold for Florida!!!! How about a little sympathy. LOL

Sympathy - not a chance. It's warmed up to 12F here today. 55? I'd be wearing shorts like all the other tourists from up north.

During my most angriest days of ptsd, I could not eat. Anything that went close to my gagging point was a big no no. After awhile I would settle down, get a huge burger ready for consumption, and bam, something or one would set me off.
I could not look into the mirror, because I was so sickly skinny, and was asked to many times if I were anerexic.
Anything that adds weight to you while under too much stress, as a medic, is always ok with me, so chow chow chow... lol

Hi
When I first realised about my trauma (I had amnesia) I lost 14 lbs in 6 weeks through constant sickness, anxiety and lack of sleep. That was the only thing that made me feel slightly ok. Then when I went on meds I put most of it back on again. I'm off the meds now and I just want to loose the weight again and loose even more than I did originally. I used to be about 225 lbs several years ago before i realised about my trauma but lost most of it for my wedding. Now I'm about 130lbs and I dont want to go back to 225 i want to be more like 110. So I worry about my weight constantly and weigh myself every day. I dont eat more than a chese sandwich per day but then I have pig out days. Oink oink. This weekend I bought: 2 big slices of chocolate cheesecake (white and milk with extra cream of course), 2 pan au chocolat, 1 large tin of pringles crisps, 2 bounties, 1 areo bar and 2 packs of 10 double fingered kitkats and had a big lunch out with my mum. It all went in less than 24 hours. So I put all the weight back on that i have lost since new year. So now I've got to go back to 1 cheese sarnie a day because I feel so guilty. I'm still a long way from wasting away tho - only five foot 2 and a half lol. I just crave choclate most of the time and am trying to control it but tis not always possible.

hi, i'm new and not sure if I'm doing this right. This is the first site I have ever been on, let alone for "PTSD". Reading what the people here have written gives me hope for a future not so alone. I'm just starting tosee how this disease is affecting me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back