• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Ptsd and college

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunfl0wer

Learning
I'm trying to finish my Bachelor's degree - I only have one semester left. But I cannot seem to balance the constant tiredness caused by medication and classes/homework despite having my lightest semester ever. I also have a limited attention span and simply cannot process any other information after only a few hours of studying a day. Do you have any ideas to help with this?

Another problem is on Tuesday mornings: I have two classes that last two hours each, and both teachers are quite peculiar to say the least. One expects us to basically reads his mind and tells us how much we suck if we don't - so basically every 5 to 10 minutes; and the other keeps yelling if we don't go fast enough, which happens every time she changes her mind in the course of any given exercise - so an awful lot. After two hours I'm already quite drained but after four I feel like actually murdering one or both my teachers. Anyone who has ever had the same kind of issue? Any ideas?

Wow, you have some crappy classes and teachers. I do whatever I can to stay awake in class which isn't always easy. I eat - munching on low calorie carrots helps, drink lots and then have an excuse to need bathroom. Pretend to write notes that I am never going to read (I never take notes in classes because they don't help me much). I have even been known to make tally marks for each minute that passes by in a class. I also ignore much of the talking because after a while your too bored to take it in anyway. Day dream about doing something fun. Doesn't sound like you will miss much. Wiggle and shift positions a lot and if your allowed technology use it for something even if its not important.
Not much help but those are my strategies.

Thank you @mindys1550

I have decided to try and see if anything could be done about it with the administrative office for disabilities, since it seems that I really am the most affected by it, and other students seem not to really care - I may be more sensitive to this. I think I will try with our student union if it does not work, I am a bit tired of teachers being able to treat students however they want and I don't think this should be allowed in any way. I'll tell if it actually accomplishes anything.

The second class has become tolerable but no change about the first, I am most likely going to flunk it but I have good grades in the other classes so it should compensate as long as I don't get a 0.
Thank you.

Are you going to have to take the class again? I don't do well in classes where the professor isn't clear on what work we are suppose to do and how it is all organized. I am glad your other classes are going well. So what is your major? I am currently going to school too to get a Masters degree in Intellectual Disabilities and Autism. In other words, I am a teacher. I just got a new job too that I hope is going to work out well. Will you still be able to graduate soon?

I am studying foreign languages (English and German) applied to international business. There is no major or minor, you can choose the language but it's pretty much a package deal, so you cannot drop classes and choose another one instead. I should be able to graduate in July. I'm also studying to try and pass selection for a Master's degree in Political Science, to work later on in NGOs and/or international institutions. In which age range would you prefer teaching ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back