1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

PTSD and Cronic Pain; What a Cocktail! - Ex Army Ranger

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ranger2_75, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ranger2_75

ranger2_75 Active Member

hi all i'm a former army ranger with ptsd and cronich pain. the pain stems from a parachuteing accident. ptsd from actions as a ranger. va is no help with either its like trying to get blood from a rock:cussing: . any way i had read some and thought i might see if talking might help release some frustrations. it seemed as if this is a place where one could go to vent as well as try to support others and get support from others.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hey Ranger, welcome to the forum. This is a great place to just vent, because it gets it out off you, instead of locked up as secrets, which just creates fear for our mind, thus feeds our PTSD.

Anger is a funny thing really, in that people think anger is an emotion, but in actual fact, it is an emotional response, because anger by itself cannot exist without an emotion to fuel it. Find the emotion to each issue, you solve the anger. I was angry for so long, as ex military also, and it wasn't until I learnt this and adopted it, which really saved me from hurting myself and others in fits of rage.

I am actually just putting together military programming / deprogramming presentations to include within the learning centre, which for most veterans, is going to open their eyes to where many of their problems began, and still to this day feed a significant amount off their traumatic exposures.

I will let people know though once that is done...

I am glad you found us though ranger, and I have no doubt that you can help yourself here from support, guidance, venting and discussion. Look forward to chatting with you.

4. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

welcome to the forum, ranger.
    cathy

5. beatle_bailey

beatle_bailey Active Member

beatle bailey

Hello Ranger 2

I was in Aco 75th Ranger !st cav. div ft hood tx.. our company gave bithr to the first Ranger battalion after vietnam ,, Welcome Ranger ,,, yaa those jumps get kinda brutal don't they ,, witch battalion were you in ,, there is a site for us on the web ,,, it took me many years ti figure that one out ,,, hell it took me 22 years 2 get a computer ,, let alone figure out how to use it without smashing it ,,
    just wanted 2 say Hi to a brother ,,, I still have 2 best friends from the day ,,, we went to Daloniga a year ago ,, got rite on post and had lunch with the troops ,,, what a week we had ,,
    again Welcome this place Helps ,,,
    :clap: Beatle

6. ranger2_75

ranger2_75 Active Member

thanks to all. i was weapons platoon bco 2bat 75reg. nice to talk to a "forfather" (not an age crack). i ended up in some more than top secret crap and have a lot of night mares, still 10 years latter watching my back constantly. every time a car back fires or something heavy hits the ground i jump. the worst was a monyh or so ago i had a black out and at some point durring the night i cut loose with a couple thousand rounds. there were brass piles in variouse spots around the outside of the house. thank god i live on a 1000 acre cattle ranch. our nearest neighbor is 2 miles away. got a safe all fire arms are locked away, only wife and daughter have combo. realy scared the hell out of me!

7. Mystic

Mystic New Member

Welcome Ranger

I am a partner of a Viet Nam Vet and he also has injuries from a granade that exploded very close to his chest and there are still fragments of that in his chest, but doctors tell him that it's not causing any problems, but mentally what type of problems is it causing is my question. I watch him rub his fingers over them sometimes and I just cringe.

Also, he has an indentation in the front of his skin and skull right in the middle of his forhead, where if he hadn't been wearing a helmet, a bullet might have ended his life that day or night. He's been thru so much that I'm amazed that he's even able to get up in the mornings.

He was also a jumper, and they would fly them in and they would jump from something like 100 feet from the ground, and have to tuck and fall and he has back pain also that he deals with which is sometimes very severe.

I definatly am here for you, and I do understand. Last night as I was writing my introduction, he was in bed yelling and screaming, and I just didn't dare touch him, because I was afraid that I would wake him and he would remember the dream. Today I told him that he had been doing that, and he didn't remember anything at all, which I was thankful for.

8. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

Welcome Ranger, This a great place to be, Well to tell you the truth it sucks that any of us have to be here based on our common ground of PTSD but like a lot of us here you have had to see and bear witness to that which normal everday people should never have to be exposed to. For that you are a hero, for that you now live in constant pain and conflict. doesnt seem fair does it. But thank you for what you have seen, and done and thank you for coming here to start to heal.

9. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Hi, and welcome, Ranger. Good to have you here.

10. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Welcome Ranger. This is a place we're safe and wanted.

11. beatle_bailey

beatle_bailey Active Member

Beatle Bailey

Hey Ranger
    wow I've never been called a forfarther ,, oh oh there goes the pride thing ,,, LOL thanks
    hope to hear more from you ,, this is tough stuff to deal with ,,,
    when the going get tough ,, the tough get gonig ,, some times that was all I could hang on to ,,, 25yrs later I finaly gves up all the mentel Pain ,, sounds like you got a better jump on it than i did ,, a good thing ,, I almost blew my old ladies head of once ,, have not owned a fire arm since ,,
    the physical Pain now that a nother thing , thirty years ago I was able to ignore it , or just drive on ,, a little while back I tried the pain med thing
    had to give all that up too ,, got addicted real bad ,, funny thing them drugs ,,, now I just keep active :walking: and try to have a good time ,, helping others helps the spirit and the head ,,,
    talk to ya soon Beatle
    Keep your head up Ranger 2

12. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Hey Ranger,

Glad to meet you. Sorry about your pain. I met way too many folks (IMHO) in the army who had busted their bodies up jumping.

BTW-this is a great place to vent.

13. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

Welcome Ranger !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar