1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

PTSD and Crystal Meth

Discussion in 'Medications & Substances' started by Miander, Sep 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miander

Miander Active Member

Hey everyone. I am an ex meth addict and I know that it was a terrible amplifier for my symptoms and may even have added new symptoms and worsened the severity of the existing ones. Does anyone else have similar experience or can point me to research? I've been struggling with cravings lately and thought if I could edjucate myself more, it would help me to stay clean. Thanks in advance!

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

4. annafennutchi

annafennutchi Active Member

Miander...
    I am 3 weeks away from my 1 year mark of being off meth.
    When I get a craving I think about the shit they make it with...battery acid, lantern fuel, drain cleaner...
    Then I ask myself, "would you stick any of those things in your body?" The answer is always no. Even though it makes you feel so good in the moment, it is, all in all, the by produst of poisons-combustable, corrosive poisons, and will ultimately destroy you inside and out.
    I hope this can help you. Stay clean, you don't need that crap! If you ever need to talk I check this every day, send me a holler.

5. Miander

Miander Active Member

Thank you!

Hey AF, thanks for the post! I actually regretted it after I posted it. I was afraid that people who haven't had troubles with drugs would "see" me differently, do you know what I mean? Congrats to you on your upcoming year!!! I know what you mean about it being so toxic and that is a great way to stay clean, but I am taking care of twins that are two and a baby that is 7 months and I am SO exhausted all the time. It was also hard going from a career mama to a stay at home mother. I NEVER get out. Anyway, thanks for being here, I hope I can do the same for you! :kiss:

6. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Miander,

No one is here to judge you. We are all in this boat together and look past those things to help us stay afloat. We have all had our demons in one form or another.

7. kimG

kimG Well-Known Member

Mirander and AF, congrats! Although I have never had a problem with substance abuse, I completely understand how hard it is to kick any habit and really stick with it. I am in awe of anyone who can do that.

I went from having a career to being a stay-at-home mom, had two kids in two years, and stayed home for five. I can TOTALLY relate to the exhaustion and never getting out. What I missed the most was having adult conversation, instead of 2 year old baby talk. I'm sure you can relate.

Hang in there...it does get better...and then worse...and then better...and then...

It's quite a rollercoaster ride, this thing we call life.

8. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Ever notice how your vocabulary dwindles when you stay home with little ones and very little/none outside exposure? I am always asking my hubby "what word am I looking for again?"

Sorry, I am so brain dead at the moment I forgot the congrats! (Can I blame the kids?) It is a huge step staying clean!

9. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Holey Moley! Twin toddlers and a baby! Yikes.....I feel for you, Miander (but isn't it fun when you're not exhausted?). I, too, am a stay at home mom, formerly a workaholic. It sure is a change in pace...but then again, PTSD changes everything. I don't get out much either. When the highlight of the day is getting milk at the grocery store or returning books to the libarary, I know that I need to get out with some friends. It's hard to plan for. Do your best to try to get out. Make an effort. I know that I'm a much better mom when I am able to get out without the children for a while.

Anna, congrats on your year.

10. annafennutchi

annafennutchi Active Member

M-
    I know what you mean about taking care of the babies and needing "help".
    The only problem is that, as you probably know, it is a downward spiral...
    At first it helps you get more done, but then you have to do more in order to get more done, then more, then more....
    Before you know it, you're so far away from the reason you started using in the first place.
    That was the reason I started using again in the spring of '05. I couldn't keep up with my 4 & 5 year old, and with it I could. Then after a few months, I wasn't doing anything around the house, and my kids spen 90 percent of their time with my parents. My house became unfit for anyone to live in because at that point all I could do was think about getting high. If it hadn't been for my parents, I would have lost my babies.
    I just don't want that to happen to anyone I can help out, so if I can be of any help just let me know.

11. Miander

Miander Active Member

I know, I know

*sigh* I would never actually use again because of my children and because my symptoms went out of control with the whole lack of sleep, etc. etc.

My 35th is coming up this weekend and I get to go out for the 3rd time in 4 years, I am SO excited! Nam, I feel so pitiful getting all dolled up for the grocery store, but it's the only time I feel like a "regular" person any more. It was different when I was holed up in the house because I was too petrified to leave my bed (which lasted for almost 4 months), now I actually want to leave the house but it is so hard to get the 3 babies packed up and out that I only go out when I have help.

Thanks Kim, veiled and Nam! It is great to not only find PTSD support, apparently there is a great stay-at-home mom group here too :biggrin:
    Y'all are so great, thank you thank you thank you!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

User search cloud:

1. ptsd and meth

2. ptsd meth

3. meth ptsd

4. does meth help with ptsd,
  5. can quitting meth cause ptsd,
  6. meth use and ptsd,
  7. CAN CRYSTAL METH BE A TRIGGER FOR PTSD,
  8. ptsd from crystal meth,
  9. test drug for ptsd using meth,