• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Ptsd And Upcoming Job Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I am writing this only a day and a half before my upcoming job interview and hope I get responses in time...
I have been out of work for a couple of years. Spent several years in an industry not known for its compassion. A lot of trauma from past, personal and work life.
I have an interview for a position I can do in my sleep but I am a little rusty on discussing my skills. There were some technical things I taught myself and learned in my last position that I did on autopilot, in the midst of some pretty traumatic times. After not doing these things for a couple of years, I fear having to discuss them. I have sat down to read up on things but with all the current pressure, nothing is absorbing. That makes it even more frustrating.
If I don't get this job, I will have to move with my boyfriend to where his dad can get him a job. I worked my ass off for ten years straight, making my way up the ranks, despite turbulant times. Then I began dating a narcissist and the rage has taken its toll on me the last three years. Especially since we have spent the majority of the past two years scraping by and stuck around each other inside 24/7. I am an artist and prefer nature but my depression keeps me in.
Despite my childhood and continuous life trauma (I tend to date one abuser after another) I remained cheerful and optomistic. I made a good living and did well at work, even becoming an assistant manager in two different jobs, within six months of beginning at entry level. I have always paid my bills, and supported myself in every way. I quit drinking, overnight, three years ago on my own and never looked back. Now I am chronically depressed and dependent on my boyfriend completely.
I need this job because it not only gives me back my independence and gives me a sense of achievement, but it is also a creative position that allows me to give back to other souls who were victims of abuse, like me, through means of education and raising awareness. I need a creative outlet and I know I could do an awesome job at helping save others. Complete opposite field from what my background is in.
Anyway, I fear looking like a dumbass and not getting the position. They are bringing in directors from areas my background is in so that adds even more pressure. How do I remain calm during my interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back