1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

PTSD Anonymous - discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by lrs, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lrs

lrs Well-Known Member

[DLMURL]http://www.ptsdforum.org/thread31.html[/DLMURL]
    Did anything ever come from this? I don't live in Australia, but this was a very good idea.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2015
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

I believe Alex is actually taking himself off to University to become a qualified shrink so he can act on this himself.

4. GR-ass

GR-ass Well-Known Member

Hmmms. . .hmms some more.

I think it's a good idea. . . . . .

5. lrs

lrs Well-Known Member

IMHO, a good 12 step program is a wonderfull thing. I am a still recovering alcoholic, this Feb 22, I will have 5 years of sobriety. I was forced to get into the program of AA by the state in which I live. I was one sick, deranged puppy. I was very doubtfull that those 12 steps would be helpfull in any way. I could not have been more mistaken. The big blue book written by the founder of AA must have been divinely inspired, and has helped millions of people all over the world, recover from alcoholism and drug addiction.
    Once science has found a way to effectively help those of us diagnosed with PTSD, I believe a good recovery/aftercare program could be designed around the principles of a 12 step program.
    Just one man's opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar