• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

PTSD for Most of My Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nam,

Wow...that is amazing how similar things are! I never thought working in pedi would be triggering, but I was REALLY wrong. I am glad that it did make me come home and be a stay at home mom. I like the idea of just hugging your daughter and reminding yourself that things are different for her.

Yaya17,

Dissociation can be very scary. When I was on a trauma unit a few years ago, they were trying to figure out where exactly I belonged on the spectrum. They toyed with DID, but eventually decided that I was just very good at dissociation. I can always account for the time, but after dissociating I am very aware of the differences in my behavior and personality. I am working very hard to overcome the dissociation...but like you said it can be very difficult.

Welcome, TxMom. I'm new here, too. It's neat to see how many people with PTSD discover this site and are able to establish connections, learn from others, and receive that all-important thing called validation.

May your journey here bring you healing, hope, strength, and peace.

Cin :smile:

Hi Tx Mom
I am new here also and have had complex ptsd most of my life. They didnt know about it way back then but now I know. Hope we can be an encouragement to each other.
Eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back