1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

PTSD Forms Now Active

Discussion in 'Administration' started by anthony, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

From the top navigation menu on the forum, I have now added "Forms".

Forms is a new section where I will release different assessment and analysis tools as time goes on, for all to utilise freely to help assess their current lifestyle, condition, symptoms, etc etc.

Only one form is present currently, and that form once filled out becomes printable, so you can print your results.

The forms will record the entered data for statistical purposes to myself, which I will post pieces on this forum at times when appropriate for use in data analysis and hopefully finding solutions to key problematic symptoms.

No personal data is recorded in any form.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. piglet

piglet Well-Known Member

A great idea Anthony. Can I make a little suggestion? A lot of the questions don't have a "0" option. What do you do if you haven't used a service etc? Will it work if you leave questions blank where it doesn't apply?

4. anthony

Yes, the results are not mandatory, and you only need to fill in what applies. Everything should apply except the section about spouses, and that contains a yes / no at the top, stating if you tick no, to move to the next section.

Which question / section are you referring piglet?

5. kimG

kimG Well-Known Member

Very cool, Anthony. Thanks for taking the time and caring so much to make it.

Kim

6. anthony

After much work, I have now actually sent live a [DLMURL="http://www.ptsdforum.org/forms/ptsd-diagnosis/"]PTSD Diagnosis[/DLMURL] form. Unlike any available upon the net currently, this one uses the actual DSM criteria for diagnosis, in conjunction with the Global Assessment of Function (GAF) scale, which is used as part of the diagnostic procedure for mental health illnesses.

The form does not diagnose you, it does not provide a yes or no answer, it provides a simple scale of scores from the input placed in. That scale of scores is explained on the output data, and then each person can print that and discuss it with their counsellor or physician. It leads a person in the direction of a yes / no / maybe answer, but only face to face diagnosis can be accurately measured, as one part of diagnosis is the physicians image of your general stability, awareness, projection of yourself and a few other factors.

If you fit within the scale, or very close to fitting within it, then I would certainly be seeking professional guidance to the problems at hand.

The PTSD diagnosis is not like any other I have found, because it uses a mathematical equation and <if> factors to ascertain certain outputs dependant upon the selections made by the user. Behind the scenes, it is much more than a yes / no type form, as it calculates and equates intensity scales also, and a few behind the scenes features.

I hope it provides beneficial to users.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  7. piglet

piglet Well-Known Member

Scary stuff.

8. anthony

Yer... I often scare myself. One thing I am good at is maths... and well, I do use it occassionally to do something good... he he :) I still want to develop it a bit more yet, and insert some more <if> statements and range of variables to really pull the most from the selections made, and get even closer to the theoretical aspects of a correct diagnosis. Its on the to-do list...

9. piglet

piglet Well-Known Member

I see you're keeping busy Anthony!!!

What I found really interesting (not the word, but it'll do), was that a lot of the questions counted if you had experienced x, y or z within the last month. I wish I only had nightmares once a month!!

I did read the bit you put about answering as if you were having your worst day, but I cheated a little - trying to persuade myself that I'm not affected THAT much. Still came up with the "get help" bit anyway with quite a lot of room to spare! At least I AM getting help. I'm not sure how I would feel if I wasn't at that stage yet and did the test. I think it's a very good idea to have someone with you when you fill it in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar