• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Ptsd From Childhood Abuse; Kids Have Ptsd Also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GypsyMama

New Here
I grew up physically, emotionally, and sexually abused. It affects my relationships every day. I've been in therapy most of my adult life and am slowly recovering, am suicidal less often, am more focused as time goes on. I struggle, and I grow.

Recently, I learned that my ex's house has been far worse than I thought for my kids. There is a question of whether they were sexually abused, but there was serious alcoholism and regular DV. The kids have holes in their memory and confused memories from being asked to keep secrets or being told things happened differently than they experienced them. Two of them have a PTSD diagnosis.

Hubby struggles with lots of things, including abandonment issues and his time as a soldier in Haiti, Bosnia, and other places.

I'm hoping to learn and grow from others walking this same complex path of tangled trauma and relationships and families.

Hi and welcome to the forum. You are not alone.

Hello, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to read that you and your children have all been diagnosed with PTSD. I hope that you and your children find support that you all need. This forum is a great source of support and information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back