1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

PTSD From Childhood Sexual Abuse

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sheree71, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheree71

sheree71 Member

Hi. My name is Sheree. I am 35 and have had PTSD since the age 7 or thereabouts, as a result of childhood sexual abuse. I wasn't diagnosed until the age of 24. It's something that I've come to get used to, over the years. I'm sick of it. I wish that I could wake up without it. Yes. I have a lot of frustration and deep seated anger still to get through. I'm lucky that I have a very supportive husband to help me. That's about it.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Welcome to the forum.

4. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Sheree, welcome to the forum. Long time to be in hell I do believe. Glad you found us, and I hope you get all that you require... I'm pretty sure you will from here. Glad to have you here and look forward to chatting more with you.

5. nov_silence

nov_silence Well-Known Member

Welcome. I am glad that you here!

6. YoungAndAngry

YoungAndAngry Well-Known Member

Welcome sheree :)

7. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

Hey, sheree, welcome to the forum.
    cathy

8. pandora

pandora I'm a VIP

Nice to meet you.I am also 35 years old and was dx at 30. I don't think I thought of it that way until coming to this site but mine would have started at about 10. It is a long time to live like this but at least I know why now, maybe not so crazy afterall.

9. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Well, if we are going to talk about age here.... then I may as well add that I am also 35! So nur.... lol

10. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

Welcome Aboard!

:hello: Hi sheree, Welcome to the forum! I too, have been living with PTSD since I was a young kid. SA, yes and other abuse and neglect. Doing my best to work through that frustration and anger you spoke of, as I have it too. It bights......can't stand it.........no room for it in my life, and yet there it is. This forum is great for support, sheree. Hope you learn much here, and find all the support you need, and my best to you!

Hope

11. Marilyn_S

Marilyn_S Well-Known Member

Hello Sheree!

Welcome. Very glad you are here. I too am a survivor of childhood and youth sexual abuse. There are quite a few of us here with long term PTSD due to being a survivor. Though I still struggle,this forum has been and continues to be such a wonderful help to me. There are many caring and supportive people. Good fortune to you on your healing journey.
    Love & Care
    Marilyn

12. JulieH

JulieH New Member

Hello Sheree and welcome. I am new here too and am a sexual abuse survivor too. This seems like a great place with a lot of warm people to relate to.

Julie

13. map9

map9 Active Member

my heart goes out to you

We have a great deal in common and you will learn from many people here that anger is frustration and that coupled with fear and anxiety keeps us in a state of nerve wracking states of mind. It is not easy but you are alive and your here and that is a really good thing. Love, map9

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar