1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

PTSD From Iraq - No Help Given

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by armyed, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. armyed

armyed New Member

I was diagnosed with PTSD after coming home from Iraq, I have been sick for years with it, I was recently denied compensation after over a year of trying to get financial help and support, I can't seem to even get a job let alone keep one and being a California resident I was also denied unemployment when I came home. I am struggling to keep a roof over my head and eating is another issue, even if I have food, I feel sick to eat it, I lost 30 or more pounds. To say the least, I am stressed. What to do now?? I think I need legal help or just help soon befor I become homeless. Any advice is welcomed, at this point I feel lost and my country has turned it's back to me. Ed

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

I am so sorry you're going through this, armyed. I'm American, too, and I am really, really disgusted with the way our government is not taking care of you guys like they are supposed to. Maybe you could try contacting your state and U.S. senators and representatives? Some congresspeople around the country are pretty upset about all this, too. Try Barbara Boxer and Nancy Pelosi maybe? Don't know who your local reps are, but they might be able to help, too.

4. hodge

Here are some links to find contact information for representatives and senators. I would suggest calling them on the phone, if possible. Tell them your situation and see if they can do or suggest anything. That's part of their job! We vote them in to serve us!

To find contact info for your U.S. representative: http://www.house.gov/writerep/

For U.S. senators from CA: http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?State=CA

For your state reps and senators: http://www.legislature.ca.gov/ (go to the blue box on the bottom right)

5. Monarch

Monarch I'm a VIP Premium Member

John Kerry just sent out a message on this to other Senators the other day, try to get on his radar, get your story out there and people will be willing to help, local TV that kind of thing. It is sad but we have to fight for what we deserve. What about disability pay?

6. WarHippy1%

WarHippy1% Active Member

Armyed,
    This is the answer to your disability claim. Most of the others mentioned will only do something for you if it helps their pitiful political career.
    Carpenter Chartered
    Topeka, Kansas
    Veterans Rights Advocate
    President of Carpenter Chartered, specializing in Psychiatric disability claims, usually 100% total and permanent claims. He asks for 30% of your backdated disability amount after it is granted.
    Do a google search for Carpenter Chartered and you'll see he's 'the real deal' for getting your deserved benefits. It will still take time, but he makes the VA jump through hoops, instead of the VA making you jump through hoops. Once he takes your case, you'll get your benefits, period, end.
    phone# is:785-357-5251 ask for Kathryn
    On the issue with eating and keeping it down, when I came home from Vietnam, I had the same problem. I finally went and got it checked, I had infectious hepatitus, and got put in isolation at the hospital. If your urine is getting dark, or your eyes are yellowish, get checked tomorrow, you're contagious.
    I hope this has helped,
    Welcome Home Brother,
    WarHippy1%

7. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi armyed, welcome to the forum. It seems an ever increasing issue with all Governments to deny soldiers rightful entitlements after serving in war zones and falling ill as a result. They wonder why people do some silly things as a result of their own stupidity in handling these matters.... go figure!

8. Immora29

Immora29 New Member

I live in Ohio, and Im going through the same thing.. They won't give me Medicaid insurance. but the SSI or Social Security Income is giving me a hard time cuz I haven't been going to the doctors regularly. I mean, is it my fault that I can't pay my Medical bills but then again the government turns around and yells at me cuz im not going to Therapy. My only Question to them is How? you won't give me my insurance. So now its getting down to the niddy griddy where I might have to right a letter to the congressman just to get what I need.. By that time Ill either be able to get it cuz I was approved for the SSI or I will be denied. Its taken me 4 years of pure Hell, and all I can say, is When does the break come?

9. hodge

Hi Immora29, please write--or, better -- call your representatives and senators. It can't hurt. It'll be one more piece of wood in the fire. Use the first two links I posted above and adjust for your state. Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar