• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Ptsd. I'm Never Safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarheel76

New Here
I'm new and just stumbled upon this site. I suffered every type of abuse during childhood and never had a "safe place." I have never felt safe or comfortable anywhere and have lived this way for 40+ years. I long for a day when I can exhale, feel safe and not be alone.

Hi and welcome :)
I hope you can feel safe here, we are a great bunch and understand a lot of your pain and what you have gone through

Hi and welcome x you will definitely feel safe here, I can relate to the not feeling safe I spend a lot of time looking over my shoulder x the forum is great for support and even though I don't know the people on the forum u feel like it's my extended family and that makes me feel really safe . Have you tried EFT it's emotional freedom technique and it's free on you tube , I use it a lot even in meetings and no one is non the wiser , it helps with anxiety in fact with lots of things , just another avenue for you x good luck x

I am new here too so I can't exactly welcome you but this seems to be a very safe place. I know exactly what you mean as for the abuse. I still have a very clear memory of my father breaking my shoulder when I was just 2 years old and many other "events" since then. I was finally able to leave home permanently when I was 16 because the cops would no longer pick you up and return you. I am now 65 and have most likely had very low level PTSD all my life. Then, a few months ago it got blown up to maximum and now I am having to deal with the safe issue constantly. My wife left me and I am now living in an apartment where every little noise I hear makes me uneasy. It is especially bad because I am now living alone for the first time in my life, day after day, month after month. I sit where I can always see out the window to see who is coming into the building.

I really do not like this but I do not know how to deal with this. I wish I could give you some advice but on this I am very much in the dark except I always leave some lights on at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back