• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

PTSD Is All New To Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Germanwife

New Here
Hey ya'll....
My husband was in Iraq from 02/04-02/05, then he got out the military.
He had a lot of dreams and backaches but refused to go to the doctor back then!
Now he got called back to activ duty and in the process he got send to be treated for possible PTSD.
That all happens really fast and it is really frightening to me. He seems to become a different men now. Everyday he has these meetings (group and single) and with every day passing he seems to feel worst.
I guess when he was at home with me away from the military he just barried it somewhere deep down in his soul and now it all comes back up.
Today he asked me to send him his bible. Of course i am happy about the fact that he finds peace in prayers and god, but he just didnt seem to be a really religious person since i met him. I am scared, i feel like i loose the connection to him (i've just seen him for two short weekends since he got called back).
Thats why i became a member here, i hope to find support here.
Sarah

welcome to the forum, sarah. if you'll take this time to educate yourself on ptsd, when he is home, you will be better able to work together on this. there is a wealth of information here, and a lot of support, too.
cathy

Hi Sarah

Welcome to the forum.. you'll find alot of support here, I know I have !! I've felt more accepted since joining this forum than I can remember. Glad you're here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back