• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Ptsd News Article Bbc - Ptsd In The Genes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barberian

MyPTSD Pro
Dead Link Removed

I'm brain dead this morning so will paste first few paragraphs of article from BBC News. I can't think very well so I'm pasting to give u an idea of what the article is about. I found it interesting.

A US team looked at the DNA from 200 members of 12 families who survived the 1988 Armenian earthquake.

It found those who carried two gene variants which affect the production of serotonin - which affects mood and behaviour - were more likely to display symptoms of PTSD.

The research is published in Journal of Affective Disorders.

Further down in the artilcle.

Psychologist Dr Jennifer Wild, who is an expert in PTSD, said the finding was significant, but it would be "premature" to give it too much emphasis.

Unfounded & too early to be linked.

PTSD is not just another mental illness that can be shapes to fit into little boxes- it's more like a spectrum.

While we may be genetically more sensitive to stress factors, this in no means can be indicative of an inheritance of the entire disorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back