• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Ptsd.. noises in head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott88

Confident
Hi all I have been diagnosed with ptsd and in very hard process of therapy at the minute, I just wanted to ask if anybody else has experienced 'noise/buissiness' in their head? It's not voices it's just like my head won't shut up it's really hard to explain but I don't want to mention it to my physc because I don't want him to think I am hearing voices because I'm not it's just like lots of noise that won't shut up like the head feels full, I so hope somebody else experiences this because it's really hard to explain...

@Scott88, is it noise like ringing and heartbeat sounds, etc., or is it self talk (like racing thoughts and thinking to yourself and having imaginary conversations), or do you actually hear people and muffled voices?

Last edited by a moderator:
@scot88, is it noise like ringing and heartbeat sounds, etc., or is it self talk (like racing thought...

I really appriciate you replying.. it's really hard to explain.. it's not noise like ringing sounds etc, it's more like you say it's like my head and my thoughts and me but it's muffleled and doesn't make sense it's just like there is 1000000 conversations going on in my head that doesn't even make any sense it's just loud 'noise/buisiness, does that make sense

Yes, a busy mind.... there were times I wished I had had a zipper on my head so I could unzip it and power wash the noise out of there.... . Are you on any medication?

Try not to be afraid to share with your T... it 's a busy mind.... a lot like ADD, and probably is along with anxiety.... you aren't hearing voices per se, but a lot of self talk all running together.. tell your T, they will understand, and hopefully either help you to quite your mind some of suggest meds to slow you down... thank you for sharing this.... and very brave to reach out..

Welcome.... hope you find it safe and easy to share here.... it's a great healing atmosphere to be in....

I have a very busy mind as well. It never slows down and never stops. It is very difficult to engage in therapy, because when my therapist asks a question my mind races so fast that it will not settle on one thought. It moves on so quickly, i cannot seem to form a coherent answer to anything. By the time I have spent a split second on one thing, my mind has raced on to something else.

Yes, a busy mind.... there were times I wished I had had a zipper on my head so I could unzip it and powe...

Thank you for your reply it's greatly appreciated, yes I'm on 200mg sertraline and 150mg quiatapine (seraquol) it doesn't make sense what is going on in my head though it's not like Its thoughts iit's like it's just really loud noise getting louder and buisier I don't have many memories from my childhood but I remmeber standing in front of the mirror trying to get my head to shut up and the more I realised it the 'louder' it got.. so it's not just recently this was years ago I remmeber it, i just hope it is a loud mind like you both said and not that I'm crazy?

Is the noise audible?

Mine is incoherent as well...
It's not like it's loud banging and people shouting in my head. I would say it's loud but it's not noise loud it's like loud as in business like 1000 of people are talking and won't shut up but it's not like I can hear people actually talking, it's really hard to explain I'm so sorry :-(

Possibly after speaking to your T there will be a med change more targeted to the problem.... and by the way, crazy people don't know or care if they are crazy... so I feel you are going to be ok when you get on the right meds and are able to talk more freely with your T.... you aren't crazy, but I do know it's exhausting..... let us know what is going on with you and if things get better... took a lot of courage to ask..... gentle hugs for all your struggles...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back