1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

PTSD Shop Coming Soon - Please Provide Your Input

Discussion in 'Social' started by anthony, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

As per the announcement: [DLMURL]http://www.ptsdforum.org/showthread.php?t=5398[/DLMURL] the shop will be open in the coming month or two. Now if those who have been here a while remember, we started threads on funny statements and stuff to put upon the shirts. So lets get them ideas all back out and rolling once again in preparation of release.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

I dug up the old thread, got lucky as I was just bouncing... Any way to help us get started [DLMURL]http://www.ptsdforum.org/showthread.php?t=1273[/DLMURL]

I am looking forward to the ideas. I will try to come up with some later too.

4. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

:crazy-eye There is a company in the states called CAFE PRESS.com ........It's a huge T-shirt and other stuff company....People can design their own logos to put on the various items.....I don't know about how they get you started....but that's on their website....they even make bumper stickers and buttons....DREAMING THE PEACE

5. permban0077

Just bringing this back to light thinking we need to get back on this. I want my doggy promo sticker :)

For my driving sticker I vote for "Honk At Your Own Risk" PTSDforum.org or still the mat "Knock At Your Own Risk" PTSD forum.org :)

6. EmoxxKid

EmoxxKid Active Member

ha this is a kickass idea!..hmm...let me think of something neat to put on a t-shirt....

7. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

I haven't forgotten about it.... I am simply waiting until I have the logo in hand that can be used for print, though that is being done by Evie and she is not well. Just so you know, I haven't forgotten about it, it is still being implemented, though Evie is assisting me with this project and until she is better, nothing is going to happen much with it. This is just a heads up for all those wondering....

It will get done next year no doubt.... once Evie is well rested and feeling much better to keep going with this project. As I have said to Evie, I do not want it until she is 100% fit again and capable, and it is a low priority of all things compared to her own things she wants to accomplish for herself.

Until then.... throw your ideas at us.

8. permban0077

Goodie goodie, I can't wait. :)

9. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Phew thanks Anthony. When I saw this thread initially I felt a bit bad, like I'm holding things up. :( I am starting to be able to draw again but I'm not totally better. I'll definitely be ready early in the new year though. I'm interested to hear everyone's ideas! :)

10. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Hmmm how about a door bell that asks if you have made an appt to visit, if not piss off. Sorry my twisted sense of humour.

11. Awakening

Awakening Well-Known Member

Ooooh I like this idea !

I've been trying to come up with something using the initials PTSD and so far all I've come up with is;

Pissed Off, Triggered, Surly & Dangerous

or

WARNING
    I have PTSD so; Prepare To Suffer Dreadfully

But then they are both negative and may perpetuate the stereotype that those with PTSD are out of control and make their carers suffer which we all know is so not true:rolleyes:

I guess we need to think about what message we want to send out to the public about what PTSD is. Yet with a t'shirt we have to make it short & sweet.

For me people with PTSD, whilst having actually survived *insert trauma/s* here, they are left with a lifelong disorder.

So my one positive contribution is;

PTSD: Proud To Survive Disorder

If I was choosing a logo, I'd like to see a phoenix rising from the ashes.

(OMG, have I been watching too much Oprah??!!?!:eek:)

12. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc I'm a VIP

Awakening, how about changing your idea Slightly to PTSD: " Proud to Survive Daily" It could also be "Prepared to Survive Daily"

Anthony, you could also take this direction.
    P
    T
    S
    D
    "posttramaicstresser" could cause some social confusion to
    This is fun

13. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Herc,

I actually like the direction that you are going. Kind of puts a more positive note to PTSD. I know..........PTSD is NOT positive, but we can manage our symptoms to a degree.