• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General PTSD Survivor - Father and Husband Both Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

New Here
hi, I am a PTSD Survivor
my father was WW1&2 Digger
my husband is a Viet Vet
so as you can see I have a bit of experience up my sleeve.
I too, like a lot people began to wonder what life was all about.
SURVIVING!
A good friend of mine gave me a kick up backside recently, and that was the turning point. I am learning a new skill. Thinking about ME! So if you can get
past the disappointment of not having a REAL marriage which is why we married our husbands, but Vietnam got in the road, and changed everything.
Then we owe it to our children to Survive and Thrive for them.
Hang in there
Cheers from Survivor

:occasion:

Welcome survivor. Good name. Don't have a spouse with PTSD, but Dad was in WW2, also Korea, had PTSD from it. Brother got it from serving in Rwanda, "gave" it to his daughter. She's the reason my wife and I are on the forum now. Sounds like you have acquired the proper attitude. This board been right quiet lately so it's pleasant to see a new face. Welcome once more.

Jim.

Welcome survivor. I am Kathy, Jim's wife. Sounds like you have a lot of experience with PTSD in family members. I do hope you post more as Jim is right, this board has been quiet of late. Jim and I are fairly "content" at the moment, no major crisis with our niece currently, so we're not posting much ourselves, but we'd still love to hear the experiences of other families.

Welcome aboard.

You sound like a wise soul!
I understand what you mean about the PTSD as a third party to your marriage! We acquired our "mistress" the day before our 1st anniversary.

I agree that we must look after ourselves too, we aren't much good to anyone if we don't take the time to do things for ourselves. It's not being selfish, it's to help keep us up to the challenge of what this throws at us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back