• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Research Ptsd treatment thesaurus

Status
Not open for further replies.

futurefocussed

MyPTSD Pro
Ok, so I need some help here.

I am studying to be a librarian and part of my studies is creating a thesaurus, I have chosen the topic of PTSD treatments and need some understanding about treatments that other countries offer, whether they are government or online, or stuff that you have found helpful.

This is something I want to understand better, because I'm going through it, and I only occupy a small section of this earth.

Any help is appreciated!

;) Future

A problem you're going to run into is that science & medicine attempt to universalize both their language (hence using Latin, a dead language) and their paradigms.

Psychology, being a soft science (instead of a hard science), will have a little more variability... But not a lot. As there are worldwide conferences, panels, & symposiums... All designed to bring about a synthesis of understanding. That's in addition to peer reviewed research, which has long been international.

Where you're going to run into the most divergent (& overlapping) of ideas will be between warring & embargoed nations... But even then? Scientists are pretty notorious for putting the scientific community above nationalistic considerations. Partly why they end up in jail as political prisoners so dang often. It's not treason! It's science! Would probably make a pretty decent selling tee-shirt / bumper-sticker. Even if they're not publishing their own work, they read the work of others with only slightly less intensity than most addicts score a fix.

"...other stuff you have found helpful."

The following can be use in any order and or combination as an individualized therapy.

5M therapy model.

Meditate = mindful to moment.
Medicate = alters mind & mood prescription recommended.
Masturbate = alters mood and mind, moment is NOW, and no prescription is needed.
Music = alters emotions but maybe triggering.
Mmmmunchies = can be meditative and alters mood while remaining in the momemt. Side effects weight gain.

Its true....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back