1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

PTSD Under Control, Then Wham! Horrific Crash

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Canuckster2005, Feb 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canuckster2005

Canuckster2005 New Member

Hi,,
    I'm just a newbie in this forum, but we all have the same common bond,PTSD.
    I was in a horrific crash 4 years ago when all hell broke loose. Unfortunately, I had witnessed 1 male physically cut in half at the waist, and his upper torso burnt black beyond recognition not to mention the fires and crashed tractor trailers.
    I have had numerous meds, drugs, lack of sleep,and all the other "wonderful" things associated with this, but in all honesty, I started feeling like a "person" again until another event in my life turned things upside down.
    My Dad was diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer and had about 3 weeks to live. I had telephoned my "step-mother" to make arrangements to have my 2 daughters visit, as they live around 60 miles from me.
    To make a long story short, my "step-mother" would not allow myself or my daughters to say a final good-bye as "we" where not welcomed.
    I found out 2 weeks later that my Dad had died 2 weeks before in a cancer hospital in my town, but my "step-mother" didn't want me to know.
    I was then informed a week after he died my "step mother" buried my Dad, but I wasn't told because "she didn't want me there"
    I tried to let this pass, but on December 14,2007 along with my medications, I bought a bottle of rum.
    After about 20 ounces,(1/2 bottle) I telephoned my "step-mother" and told her what I thought but she hung up. I went "crazy" I ended up calling her 7 times and left some bad messages (which I don't remember") as I had a mental breakdown.
    The next day December 15, 2007 I had a visit from the police,taken to jail, whereas I've now been charged with 2 counts of criminal harrassment and uttering threats.(Finger printed, photographed)
    I found it quite remarkable how I could go off the "deep end" after feeling so great lately.
    Sorry I ran off topic,, my name is Scott and I live in London Ontario Canada.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

I assume you mean 2006? I know dates can get foggy, especially when around the new year. Welcome to the forum.

4. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Hi Scott, welcome, hopefully you will find the support you need right now.

5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Scott, welcome to the forum. I must say though, from your heading, PTSD is never under control without serious trauma therapy. It takes years to do it, I know. You can really get it under control though if you want too....

I must add... I think your MIL is obviously one very nasty woman.

6. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

welcome to the forum, scott.
    cathy

7. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Hey Scott. Sorry you had to go through the original trauma let alone being put through the mud with your MIL. I'm glad you've found us. Welcome.

8. porkyrees

porkyrees Member

Hello scott I assume that is your name as canuckster didnt sound right.Yes mate I am a new boy myself I live in Lithgow,NSW, Australia.What you experienced I believe to be a dissociative event it is brought on usually by a triggering event ie your mother-in-law.The way its been explained to me by the Doctors is that all your previous traumas are brought back in your head and can cause a type of amnesiac experience.I had a similar problem around 7yrs ago and had no recollection of what I had done and I even drove my car 25klms in that state.I spoke to my wife and daughter and they later stated in court that I seemed quite normal except I had a vacant stare on my face as if I was oblivious to what was going on.Anyway i spent time in prison when I was released I was never aware of this problem untill I was sent to numerous Doctors.It is very scary as to this day I still have no recollection of the incident and if it wasnt for the police photos I still wouldnt have known what I had done.It could have been a lot more serious and it still worries me to this day that something like this could happen again.I now know what sort of triggers can set me off and I try to stay clear.Porky Rees

9. pandora

pandora I'm a VIP

Hi Scott
    Sorry to hear about what happened with your dad. My Dad died 20 years ago and although i would like to forget the funeral i guess i am fortunate to have had the right to go.
    i am new here and still a bit nervous and still trying to understand the membership process. i also live in ontario.niagara falls.
    Take care

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar