1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

PTSD Workbook Poll

Discussion in 'Polls' started by anthony, Aug 27, 2006.

If You Own the PTSD Workbook, Have You Used It?

1. Yes I have read and completed the exercises

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  2. Yes I have looked at the book, but haven't completed exercise

21 vote(s)
    47.7%
  3. No I haven't looked at the book yet but plan too

16 vote(s)
    36.4%
  4. No, the book has been gathering dust and may well continue

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

If you own the PTSD Workbook, and have done none of the exercises within it, this is your poll.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Boo-Damphir

Boo-Damphir Active Member

count me in!
    ~Boo-Damphir

4. YoungAndAngry

YoungAndAngry Well-Known Member

BAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

I was just waiting for someone to make this poll!!
    lol

5. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

I've had the book for about two months now. I've used lot's of stuff out of it, but I haven't sat down and actually worked through it yet. I want to do it once I'm a little more settled with the new therapist.

Bec

6. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

What is the PTSD workbook? Who is the author? Is it something worth buying and completing? Thanks.

7. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

It is pretty much as the title describes... The PTSD Woorkbook. Full of exercises to help you put on paper thoughts feelings and look at the way you think and ways to help. Answer a lot of questions in it and has blanks for you to fill out. I am just starting to try to work through it. Not easy and makes you really dig in yourself. I would suggest it. By Mary Beth Williams and Soili Poijula.

I would also suggest in combination buy I Can't Get Over It by Aphrodite Matsakis. That one is worth it weight in gold. It is called by others around here the "PTSD Bible" it is so good.

I bought the two after seeing Anthony suggest it to another. I wish I had the I Can't Get Over It long ago, and I am still trying to work through the exercises of The PTSD Woorkbook. It is like a major exam, but I see how if we can complete it it would be very beneficial.

8. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Oh okay thanks veiled. I have "I Can't Get Over It"... my psychiatrist gave it to me a while ago but I've never read it... guess I should if it's considered so good. I will look for the workbook as well.

9. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

I looked both books up on Amazon and read the publisher's 'blurb' and the reviews on both books. I order both today. According to Amazon, I saved money on shipping by buying both at the same time. Getting healty and saving money...does it get much better than this? :biggrin:

10. kers

kers I'm a VIP

I feel silly doing the exercises! I keep meaning to do some of them in my journal, which somehow feels less hokey. The info in the book is great, though.

11. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

I have a PTSD workbook.... I dont know if its the same as your ones. I havent looked at it in about a year.

12. nie

nie Wishing for wings to fly. Premium Member Donated

I just ordered the book just two days ago. I hope that I will be able to use it when it arrives.

13. sirsir

sirsir Active Member

I have just started treatment. If I'm give a workbook I will use it to see if it helps.

Show Sidebar