• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Public Donation Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony

Founder
I would just like to publicly thank all those who donate to help maintain this forum. The forum continues to evolve, and as such, so does the cost off running such evolution. Without donations the forum will eventually simply stop moving forward, instead becoming stagnant in development and features to best help members with the utmost promptness.

To those who have / do donate, thank you again in helping this forum continue to grow.

Regards,

Anthony Parsons
PTSD Forum

Anthony?

I heard you say that it costs over $4000 dollars US to run this place per year, but that you live in Australia. Why is the cost measured in US dollars and not in Aussie Dollars?
If I want to send you a donation, and I am afraid of paypal, what are my options? If I mail you a US dollar check, it will cost you to convert it, and that's not a very nice gift, is it? So I should convert it to Aussie dollars before I mail it, right?

Hey 2quilt,

The cost is in US dollars because everything I do in relation to web hosting and Internet activity is US based, not Australian based. My server is with a US company, my software is all US companies, etc etc.... hence all US prices due to the fact that the conversion rate changes constantly, this way it is more accurate to use US$. It would be more accurate now to say it costs just over US$5000.00 per annum due to increasing costs... and I didn't put that banner up long ago either... go figure!

Snail mail options are located on the donate page, or credit card instantly, or you can use Paypal to wire money direct from your account to my paypal account. Many options. Yes, a cheque does require around a $16.00 AUD fee to convert and process. Basically, sending a cheque the first US$12.00 is bank fee's. If you use paypal, it is only 1.5% of the donation amount lost in fee's and charges as Paypal do not charge fee's for conversion as they are based all round the world.

Anthony..... I am so sorry. I never even thought about the excahnge rate when I sent a check...Please accept my apology. Next time I will send through Pay Pal or send cash....

I feel like a real jerk...

Wen

donations

Wendy,
I think Anthony would hug you gently and with gratitude for your generous and thoughtful donation no matter what the bank conversion charge was, honeybun! The bank is going to get their cut no matter how we donate, so don't feel bad, you are NOT a jerk! You are a wonderful, thoughtful person, Wendy! The wheels of commerce are going to turn. Anthony is simply happy to receive anything we are willing to give him to support his work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back