• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Push Him Away When I Sleep...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont get nightmares anymore, but over the last few years my boyfriend has told me that when I fall asleep I immediately roll away from him and if he tries to touch me when im asleep sexually or non sexually I push him away, kick him or talk in my sleep and tell him to stop.

We're very affectionate during the day usually cuddling or holding hands however if im experiencing a trigger or thinking about my past I push him away.

I was never abused I was sick as a child and spent many years in the hospital which is where I think this comes from as I was often abruptly woken up in the middle of the night by nurses for blood work or other tests. I think my mind just goes into protective alert mode.

It's been five years since I was even hospitalized and almost twenty since my transplant but my mind is just as alert as ever at night. I know it hurts him, a few months ago I kicked him so hard while I was sleeping he rolled out of bed. He's told me it upsets him but he deals with it. Does anyone have a similar issue?

I do push my husband away and normally dont let him even hold me at night. He tries but if I am asleep the outcome is usually not good for him. I have kicked him in his privets while I was sleeping. I dont know that I do it, I dont know how to stop it, it is just something we deal with. If we fall asleep cuddling its fine but if not then its not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back