1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Question Concerning Whether I Have PTSD or Not

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JAC552, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAC552

JAC552 New Member

I am in the process of deciding whether or not to go to a psychologist for PTSD. However, I am still unsure whether I have it or not. Within the past year, I have started coming to terms with my bad childhood. I honestly cannot recall hardly any of it and that has been worrying me A LOT! i don't hang out with my friends anymore and I also have been having trouble sleeping. For a while I started waking up a few hours after i go to bed in a total panic. I didn't have any dreams that I could recall but I just felt really afraid and disoriented. Then, after a while I finally had a dream. It don't have any idea what it meant, but it was really weird. After I woke up and started recalling the dream my heart starting beating REALLY hard and fast and i had to remind myself it was just a dream. I just keep thinking about this now because I have NEVER had any kind of dream like this before. It was almost like I was still kind of in the dream when I woke up. Can anyone please help me!?! Could this be some time of flashback or am I crazy?? I would appreciate it if someone could give me some advice because i'm just feeling really confused and depressed. :frown: thanks..

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

go on to the dr.! something's wrong even if it's not ptsd, you don't need to live like that.
    welcome to the forum.
    cathy

4. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Welcome, yep, Cathey is right. Do go to the doc. I suffer from nightmares like you describe and so do many others. With the right doc and meds they decrease. it's gonna take some time which is sometimes the hardest thing to get a grip on. Stay with it. You got friends here

5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi, welcome to the forum. My recommendation would be to use the [DLMURL="http://www.ptsdforum.org/forms/ptsd-diagnosis/"]PTSD Diagnosis[/DLMURL] form to evaluate whether you even fit the category of PTSD or not, and if you do, then seek a psychiatrist. Otherwise, I would definately go and see your GP at a minimum.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015