• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Question for supporters of cptsd

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sufferer needs me to be strong most of the time and he can't stand to see me vulnerable. When I have weak moments, he...
I used to be a real crybaby, now I can actually feel the feelings go down my throat as I swallow them:rolleyes:

Do you feel like your sufferer values you for who you are? Or just uses the parts of you they can use?
I feel that my sufferer values me for the person he sees me to be in his life. There will always be hills and valleys to go through, but I can see it in his eyes that I'm a person that he really loves and respects. He also knows that not matter what, I'll always be there for him. We just recently had a true test of loyalty and love, and we both realized that we definitely need each other for better or worse. As tough as things will seem to get with my sufferer, I honestly believe that we're each other's soul mate.

Seeing me scared and vulnerable was definitely among the final nails in the coffin of our marriage, for my sufferer. I spent 7 years proving I was there for him no matter what. He showed me that when I need him for a few months, he can't do it. I'm almost glad it happened when it was an emotional crisis instead of a medical crisis.

It's because he can't handle your weakness. Not strong enough to help and it makes him feel guilty. Been there done that. Now I just speak to someone else (a friend, my therapist) to dump on someone besides him. It serves his needs and my needs at the same time.

(Mehe again) Yeah, I know the reason. Still stings when I was there in every way when his dad died, including flying to the funeral and helping him deal with his unbelievably disfunctional and shitty family. When my dad died, I flew home to the little family I had left (who loves my ex still), alone. He dumped me while I was there. Or at least that's when he "had time to think" and made the decision. And hinted at that decision and refused to talk about it.

I think I am allowing myself to be angry, finally, instead of just sad and understanding. Three months. I just needed three months of knowing he had my back like I had his.

I'll get back to understanding and compassionate and infinitely forgiving again. But not this week. :sorry:

I've been having this problem the last couple of days. I just want to be pissed off and crabby but I can't. And it's making me pissed off and crabby! Ugh!!

I feel that my sufferer values me for the person he sees me to be in his life. There will always be hills and valleys to...
It's like you were watching my life for the past month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back