• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Other Question? is ptsd an auto-immune disorder relating to pain caused?

• Thread starter Deleted member 541
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa,

You as so right. When I really started my journey to healthiness(as I call it) there were days that I just didn't want to face another thing. Times when I just wanted to give it all up, because the pain of facing things was too great. My therapist pushed me harder then, and I would push back, which gave me the incentive to fight even harder to beat the BEAST of PTSD.....

He told me in the begining that the journey to recovery was worse than any job in real life I could take on. That there would be days that I would be so emotionally drained that just thinking would hurt. He was right.

He also told me that it would get better. Times in between my flashbacks would lessen, my depression would lift, triggers would and could be managed, and that my life would become easier.

He taught me coping skills, how to destress, sleep techniques, daily mantras to keep me on lifting my self esteem, exercises to work on setting boundaries, and how to work on my anger, and letting go of things that held me back from moving forward.

It can be done, and EVERYONE is capable of making it. Everyone is capable of beating :fight:the Beast of PTSD!!!!!!!

Hugs,

She cat

You are so optomistic, good for you, you will probably do well, just keep it up. I am not doing well so I will keep my self hate and loathing to myself for now.

No one should hate themselves for being a victim. I know how hard it is to overcome this too. Being a victim of my own family and a living hell, I do know how hard it can be.

Please don't hate yourself....You are a valuable person.(even if you don't think so) We are survivors, we are strong people that have climb through the hell to get where we are today. Don't ever give up on you, because if you do.....Then the creeps that did this to you win....THEY aren't worthy of the title of winner.. YOU ARE!!!!!!

Keep fighting........For YOU!!!!!

She Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back