• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Raffle Tickets > Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kintsugi

Sponsor
@digger has inspired me with her raffle ticket thread. I use a vaporizer, but as I've gone through school, my smoking has increased to near-pre-vaporizing levels (almost a pack per day).

This month, every day I abstain from buying cigarettes, I will pledge $5 to the forum raffle instead. Cheer me on! Today is day one.

If I donate $75 next paycheck (15 days), that comes out to paying just 21¢ a day for my yearly forum use. What a deal. I rely on this community for support every day, even when I don't sign on--knowing this resource is available is invaluable to me.

This month, every day I abstain from buying cigarettes, I will pledge $5 to the forum raffle instead. Cheer me on! Today is day one.

Awesome idea!

I also use a vaporizer but still awesome idea!

If you donate $75 next paycheck, because you've cut back on your smoking that much, I'll match it.

Sweet!! :woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Simply Simon I'm so hoping that you can do this. Not just for the $$ that would be donated to the forum, but from a health perspective. Ok, so I'm one of those reformed smokers, who just hates cigs. I have COPD from smoking and have lost friends from lung cancer.

I wish you the best with this... it isn't easy to quit, but you can with willpower!!!!

I had a rough day yesterday. Accepted a couple cigarettes from my friend last night but haven't bought a pack. I'd been working on a homework project nonstop, so at the conclusion of my work, I bought myself some extremely fancy sushi and the best damn martini I've ever had. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the support, everyone.

Last night one of my friends, who used to have some extremely serious addiction problems, was going on about people getting off of drugs. His words spoke to me re: smoking. He's picked up and quit just about everything. I felt a little ridiculous feeling like yesterday was such a day of temptation in comparison to his story. Helped reframe things.

I think cigarettes--as a psychological addiction--requires something like what I do with PTSD symptoms, especially suicidal ideation. The thought is there, the yearning is there, I can look at it, and then I can ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back