• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Random Acts Of Inattention

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once took the dog to the vet and had to stop the car half way there to check I'd remembered to put her in the boot :wideeyed:

I mentioned this - possibly unwisely - to the receptionist, who said that people quite regularly leave cats in baskjets by the counter once they've paid the bill... I felt a little bit better after that!

Was at a coffee shop getting coffee. Poured the sugar into the garbage can instead of my coffee. Someone was standing next to me seasoning their coffee giving me weird looks which is what made me clue in to what I was doing :O_o:

If there is something puffy or shiny you can be guaranteed that I will be distracted from what I am doing...

It only get worse as you get older.

You call your your grandkids by the wrong name.
Write out a shopping list, only to go to the shop and forget the list.
Put your glasses down 20 times a day and forget where you put them.
I miss nearly every appointment I make, even though I write it down so I won't forget. It's so embarrasing and the doctor, dentist or whoever get so p**sed off at me.
The worst thing of all is forgetting to take my insuline during the day even after 12 years. :eek:

Poured the sugar into the garbage can instead of my coffee.

Sometimes, and I fail to see how the hell this is possible, but I get confused about which of the pots/bowls full of "stuff" at coffee/tea shop "fix your drink stations" is the garbage/bin. They all look so busy and full of "stuff" - I really have to focus to figure out where to pick the stirrer from and where to put my teabag. I really don't understand how I get confused by that, but I do. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back