• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Rant and complain thread open to all supporters

Where I'm at in the states there are noise ordinances after a certain time at night... it stinks that you don't seem to have that.

I'm happy to help, sorry the police didn't help more.

Yes and the states has Red Lobster.. Sonic.. and a more integrated healthcare system open to research from what i read.

Rarely do i find pioneering research to clinic to patient therapy adopted openly in Canada. Its a hit and miss.

Plus our doctors are not allowed to access info without release which is why it is a real obstacle for me to get my docs on same page.

At least we share Home Depot.
You can do it. We can help!

*rant* Sometimes I want to post on the „news and debates“ board here very badly but I think it is wise not to because there is always the risk to loose your anonymity because I talk about this topics a lot in real life.
I am extra cautious when it comes to our anonymity.

Oh and *rant no. 2* soooo tired today...

This is not really a rant but only what is going trough my head right now... sometimes I wonder if his diagnosis is right because he never ghosted me (okay @Freida exaplained he did it his way without physically leaving), he never beats me, he rarely gets loud, he sometimes does insult me but without getting loud... and he does not flirt with other women... and I am happy he does none of those things but all of those things seem extremely common in people with ptsd... when rehang ome of the other post I wonder if this is really what my guy has.

The lashing out is a reaction to rage they're feeling. Maybe your husband doesn't react to anger that way. Maybe he doesn't experience feelings of rage. Not everybody is going to have the same reactions.

Look at the Crit E section for PTSD... the reactivity part. You need at least two of these for the diagnosis.
  • Irritability or aggression
  • Risky or destructive behavior
  • Hypervigilance
  • Heightened startle reaction
  • Difficulty concentrating
  • Difficulty sleeping
He doesn't necessarily have to have the aggression or irritability part of it.

But isn‘t it really unusual for a vet with PTSD that they do not rage/ can stop themselves from raging when they are feeling angry?

Nope. That's the tv version of ptsd. While some can get violent a lot of us are far less dramatic. While I've been known to break a dish in the sink I don't scream or get violent or sleep around. And yet I have all the symptoms @Sweetpea76 lists. My go to is isolating, ghosting, taking off, total lack of patience and sarcasm. I can get very mean/sarcastic if you back me into a corner so most know to leave me be when I'm trying to get away. But you have to really piss me off or scare me before I start screaming

Back