1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

RANT: Death, Society and Stupidity.. In My Eyes

Discussion in 'General' started by becvan, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Okay, why is everyone I know.. freaked out about dying.. Was dragged out of my bed (after ohhh three hours of sleep, jerks) and made to "go for lunch." Which means lot's of java for cranky pants here. So end up in this stupid discussion about Jehovah Witness'es and blood transfusion/organ transplants. Now, I was a JW as a small child and still hold some beliefs.. like you are not putting somebody else's body parts in me thanks. That is disgusting. (yes I realize many of you do not see it that way, and I really don't care.. cause it's my body and I say NO.) So I get told how "wrong" my viewpoint is, and that it's not about me but the people around me?? Okay, rightttt.. as if. Blood I'm kinda iffy on.. as in some circumstances I would say okay and in others not. But, there is no way for most of it. And it's not about the people around me. Death is a NORMAL part of life. If I'm going to die, I'm going to die. Same thing with my kids. Why do people not get this? Do they really want to live forever? My god, that's more like a nightmare to me.

See this is what happens when I'm dragged into public, with little to no sleep, cranky and attempting to make polite discussion. It just :angry-fla!!!

Bec

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Andre

Andre Active Member

That sounds very unpleasant. Who was close enough to you to pull you from your bed like that but insensitive enough to not consider how you would be feeling? Since it a sudden arrangement with no warning at all to prepare yourself, would it not have been acceptable to refuse it and reschedule?

If I wanted to poke you about this I might ask about organs generated from your own cells... only if you are up for it. I am vaguely aware of how the practical exercise of that position goes but I am not a theologian.

4. becvan

Actually from my own cells would be just fine. It still came from my body. I just find something infinetely creepy about other peoples parts. I used to have nightmares as a child over that. LOL.

Yeah it was insensitive. I find that most of the people around me are like that here. I hear about how I should do this or that, which works for normal people, so then why you try and explain why that won't work for you, they just talk over you and repeat the useless and annoying adivce.. Yep pisses me off...

bec

5. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

OMG, I get this all the time here. I live in a very conservative part of the country and most people here would probably consider me a hippie. I cloth diaper my kids. I breastfeed until the babe wants to quit and I wear my children in a sling. I want to birth at home (lordy, people think I'm crazy...) I make my own baby food...the list goes on. And people still try to convince me, even though I've worked in a Labor and Delivery Ward, how that I'm harming my child by birthing at home; that it's safer to have a Cesearen. What!!!! Or even just refusing what a doctor would like me to do. Since when are they not human and are perfect? Ok, rant over.

I just stick to my beliefs. I have a reason for them and I will take any risk that comes to me because of my decisions. I am taking responsibility for my actions.

Bec, I don't want to live forever either.

6. Scott_Fraser

Scott_Fraser Well-Known Member

Hi Beca, you seem pretty jumpy today, jings no wonder. As in the Queen Song, Who wants to live forever, well nobody does, its not practical, we all snuff it at some point. I have no fear of death myself, I've stared it in the face many times as a soldier.
    Your point about having someones bodyparts inside you, I take your point. But. Would you consider donating any of your organs when the time comes, as it can save so many lives. Just a thought beca, so calm down when you read this, "PLEASE".
    Cheers
    Scott:hello:

7. becvan

LOL, yes I'm very jumpy and cranky as of late.. and nope Scott, not a chance in hell.. I'm getting cremated.. WHOLE.. LOL

bec

8. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Nam, home birthing is the best! I would never trade that experience for anything ever again (not that I would do another baby, no thanks). Not a bunch of nosey people in and out, not strapped to IVs like I am ill, no one poking around what seems like every five minutes, you can get up when you want and wander. No strapping you up to monitors to see how strong a contraction is... Uhhh just ask me I will tell you, wait I let everyone know any way LOL.

My diapers of choice for my last 2 kids were Kushies. I still have them saved somewhere for when I get grand babies. I switched to throw aways for her over nights now since she only goes at night... and she pees a lot at night. And my kids lived in slings too. But it was short lived with this last little booger, my back is so shot it is next to impossible to carry kids in any form. So I say tell 'em to stick it. I guess my personality was abrasive enough people did not give me shit except a couple people mentioning it would be safer in a hospital. I told them to go read the stats and then come back and we will have that talk. Funny never had one! People don't like to read to support their argument.

And Bec, I would have been mega pissy too. People do have nerve, huh? While I don't know and will not pretend to understand or know your beliefs, I sure as hell have enough sense to not to get after people for their beliefs. Someone's beliefs are their make-up. It is a part of them. You don't argue it. As far as faith it is one of those topics that just are not up for debate. I dropped a friend after she told me I was going to go to hell for worshipping false idols... Refering to the Catholics prayers to saints. And she was dead serious and hateful about it getting pissed off. Now I may not practice anymore actively I sure as hell did not need to hear that. My sis was on a disney boycott as I could not give her kids snow white things when they were little... (there was a witch in the story) no harry potter books, no sleeping beauty. but BARBIE dolls were just fine. LOL I have nothing against barbie, I just thought it was silly. After they were too old for those things then she said she was wrong and over reacting. Ya think? Those kids missed out on so many fun tales that their own mom grew up on and did not turn out practicing the dark arts.

Some people can always take a good thing too far. What is that saying... The road to hell is paved with good intentions?

9. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Your beliefs are just that YOUR'S. Don't know why people insist on winning other people over to their beliefs. As for babies. I wouldn't want to give birth at home or in the hospital.

10. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Terry, I agree... It would be wise for you not to try anywhere LOL.

11. becvan

:rofl::rofl:GOOOD visual...

bec

12. GR-ass

GR-ass Well-Known Member

LMAO

Ooh you guys crack me up

13. Scott_Fraser

Scott_Fraser Well-Known Member

Have you seen that movie where Arnold Schwartsanegger gets pregnant, can't quite remember the name. And you Terry my old mate, not a good idea mate, especially in your patrol car, think of the mess.
    And you Becs, I thought cremation or as we call it in Scotland (Smoking or non-smoking, {Burial or Cremation}.) Was against JW beliefs.
    I hope that all this talk of pregnancy is not making you girls all "Plucky", eh, Beca and Veiled, and you as well Nam.LOL.
    Scott:naughty:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar