• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sexual Assault Rape And Attack Nightmares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Higgins

Not Active
IDK. I'm not really sure what to say. Last night I had another dream of rape and assault. I know it's a flashback. I hate them. I hate them so much. I just want to cry.

As if it isn't enough to be fighting with these things in waking life, that they get to drag me back while I sleep. All of it makes me so tired all the time.

And I can't talk to any of my friends or family about it. They don't understand, and want me to "think positive thoughts." << I hate that too. Think positive thoughts... as if that worked. As if that helped. As if that wasn't some further insult.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Are you still being abused? Have you told anyone?

It sucks when you are surrounded with non-understanding people, and flashbacks suck.

Do you have any theraphy, can you get some?

It's normal to feel anger over all of this, but finding more supportive people would definitely be more useful

Sending hugs :hug:

@Higgins, do you have any outside support? Such as a therapist or group support? I have found when the nightmares continue it is my clue to get some help. If you don't, please consider it. The pain of therapy is no less than what we carry with us everyday and not try to heal it. Use the forums all you need to. There is a lot of information and support here. Please know you are not alone. So many of us understand what you are feeling. Hope to see you around the forums, and sending gentle:hug:'s if you accept them.

@Higgins My mom's advice: try yoga. Really? Seriously? I feel for what you are going through and it's frustrating when family says things that just AREN'T helpful at all.

Post as much as you need to. It really does help.:)

Hey. I'm out of the abuse. Have been for a while now. And yes, I have a T. A good one. Took me some time to find a good one. I have c-ptsd, so it's been a long road through awful and will be a long road back out. Am doing EMDR, and am working every day on improvement and self-care.

I had another, similar nightmare a few days later, and started to put the pieces together. I had events related to my abuser pop up in my real life. I (at this point) think the nightmares were an internal warning telling me to protect myself and keep my boundaries (I'm no contact with a solid handful of people, and need to remain no-contact for the rest of my life to be safe). Once I realized the nightmares were helping me navigate my waking life, I listened to them and they've gone away. I've slept much better the last few nights.

[I've been tracking my dreams for over a year now. I still hate the images of the nightmares, but I am much more able to decode them which ultimately leads to them leaving me alone for a bit.]

Thanks for the support you guys. It's amazing how I will have normal days, and then be thrown back into the trauma somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back