• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Reading assistance - have you tried the spritzlet for web pages and electronic docs

Status
Not open for further replies.

eloc

Confident
Spritz I was looking at the polls and saw that heaps of people with PTSD have trouble with reading. I did as well and was told by my psych that our peripheral vision distracts us and that the eye movement in reading is like EMDR and so gets us activated first if we are inclined that way at the time we are reading. So with the spritzlet you can read without the eye movement - am sure its not good for you long term to have minimal eye movement and only use central vision but if you need to read something and understand it - might be worth a go. You can pick the word speed and you can pause to take notes without the spritzlet losing your place. I wrote this in the poll but thought to put it in the news in case people had missed the poll or spritz phenomena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back