• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Really Need Advice? Please Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tugim

Im a girl and currently a senior in high school. I cant focus for a long time, the intrusive thoughts are pretty bad. Im just really angry and I just want to scream. Im completely quiet at school. Freshman year I had a guy friend, and we kind of drifted. Sophmore year he asked me what happened, said i didn't look as happy as i used to be. I couldn't tell him. I really want to talk to him now. I don't want to go to a counselor. But my fear of people is preventing me from doing it, even though I know he wont hurt me. (I have very bad social anxiety and panic attacks) I want to tell him what im going through but I don't want to look weak or cry. I need a friend though. How should I approach this? Has anyone ever confided to someone close? Thanks a lot.

Don't ever consider it as being weak. Maybe start by being friends again. You never know what he might be going through and not saying. No, I didn't confide in anyone at that age but now that I am older I wish I would of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back