1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Really P***** Off - The Stress of Doctors

Discussion in 'General' started by Terry, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

I have been to so many doc's the last 2 weeks if I see one more stethoscope I'll puke. The psychiatrist and psycologist say we need to change my psyc meds, again. The neuro doc's (4) can't seem to come to any conclusion on the seizures except they ruled out it's psyc related. Still facing knee surgery. Family doc thinks the fingers on my right hand have been broken too many times and wants me to see someone for arthritis. All the doc.s say I need to get the PTSD in check to help with all the pain from past injuries. But say pain meds are out of the question. Headaches are constant. I try not to take OTC pain relivers B/C of rebound. I feel like I was hit by a truck, twice. I want my buddy the doc. that moved to Denver back.:angry-fla :crazy: :fight: :cuckoo: :boxem:
    And to top all this off, my son's highschool teacher was murdered Thurs. by her POS husband. Emotional trauma for my son now. He's getting conseling for it.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. ranger2_75

ranger2_75 Active Member

breath pal, take a deap breath. now you can vent more:biggrin: we are here, at least you can say that. that thought has given me enough room to take that deep breath lately.:thumbs-up

4. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Damn, blow my bad day out of the water! I had a leaf freak me out...

The docs, oh they are such a pain and none of them ever get on the same page. I have yet to have mine agree. The cronic pain has got to be a bitch, I wish I could be of help but cannot do more than say I hear you!

I hope your son does OK and don't be shy going a bit over board on counseling for him. I know I am a lot more aware of my kids mental health since getting this hitting me so hard.

5. sibemom

sibemom Active Member

Yes don't even get me started on doctors, the one I go to now and have been since almost the beggining is the one I am sticking with because not only does he have the greatest understanding of PTSD, but he also understands how the chronic pain IS NOT helpful to my psychiatric health. You have a big load to carry right now and when you hurt the weight of it gets unbearable. Did they say why pain meds would not be a good idea for you? I know since I have been on this regiment of medication to address all my issues it has left me able to work at psycho threapy much better. I did not want the meds either, but I did not have choice. Pain only amplfys what we are already going through, it is fatiguing and nagging and leaves you so exhausted you really do not have enough energy to work on the PTSD, and for me it was causing so much more anxiety. Once we started getting the pain to a lower level not completly gone, because I do not think anything will make it go away totaly, the psych meds were backed off and yes I have those really down days but nothing like before when I was hurting so bad. I fired the last Neuro who did NOTHING for me because hey what the hell do I pay the HUGE bill for if you are not going to take care of my needs. I know how hard it is and now with your son going through what he is it is rough. Just hang in there and hopefully one of your docs will get a CLUE as to what is really needed for you.

6. Boo-Damphir

Boo-Damphir Active Member

I really hear how overwhelmed you are! I'm a list-maker, you may want to make a list of each doctor and what they are doing for you. Then just prioritize the issues. What health problems are top priority for you?
    It would also be helpful to share this list with the docs; so everyone will be on the same path. Also, if you feel you have several doctors duplicating care or services, thin them out! Be an active and informed consumer (it really helps with control issues too!)

7. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Thanks Boo, I'll do that. I am pleased with the care from the Psychiatrist (he called to check on me at 8pm) and the Psychologist. Not pleased with the Ortho docs and the Neurodocs. Quote. "Your ankle shouldn't bother you at all. I put it back together with Titanium rods and screws." and "You just have to live with the fact that you've broken too many bones. Of course your gonna hurt"