• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Really Struggling Today, Week 6 Of His Isolation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, feeling very depressed today. Not been feeling well in general the last couple days and so laid up in bed. Shou...
Omg- I so get you! I get it! I applaud you for being able to give him space! I have my own PTSD and have major abandonment issues that are being triggered by my Warriors need for space. All I can say is I UNDERSTAND! Sending you love and support! You are NOT alone!❤

Gosh do not worry there will be many more times as a supporter that we will slump into self-pity trust me, it's natural...
Absolutely agree with you, thanks. Actually yes, my SO often remarks on how bad his memory is. I just thought this was a general comment however, but I guess it is linked.

Omg- I so get you! I get it! I applaud you for being able to give him space! I have my own PTSD and have major aband...
Thank you so much online family/friends/ support group. Had a good day at work today, actually laughed a lot with my colleagues and felt positive.

Reactions: tlc
Hi all, feeling very depressed today. Not been feeling well in general the last couple days and so laid up in bed. Shou...
I completely understand. My partner and I have been apart for about three weeks now. It started out very nice back in December of 2016. We dated and were very happy; he told me about his ptsd early in our dating period, however I didn't do my homework at that time because (my being ignorant to what ptsd was really about) decided not to make a big deal out of it, also because he seemed very healthy (emotionally, mentally). I wish I had done my homework back then; I possibly could have handled things a little differently. We spent time together on Wednesday and we talked about where we are currently. I explained that I may be relocating due to so many drastic changes happening in my life currently. He was determined not to let me leave; he wouldn't hear of it. He also explained that due to my challenges at the moment, I should focus more on them than on him. We have too many other things to be concerned with instead of focusing on our relationship. I explained that he was someone I wanted to focus on like trying to help us, and trying to continue our beautiful relationship. I'm so confused, although he doesn't have an interest in the relationship, he also doesn't want me to relocate. I invited him to my place for dinner this coming Saturday, and he agreed. I'm really not sure of what's going on with him or us, but I'm here for now as hard as it sometimes is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back