• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Dom Violence Recent trauma

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

breakinginside

I have been with my boyfriend for 9 months, living together since before it was official. In the beginning be was my knight in shining armour. He made me want to change for the better, to see the light at the end of the tunnel, encouraged my dreams.... but slowly his mask fell off and he began to be verbally and emotionally abusive. I seen all the signs but chose to ignore them. He would have outbursts and throw objects yell and call me names, buy i never thought that he would physically harm me. I was wrong... now im dealing with the trauma if the event. Cant sleep, and when i fianlly do i wake up due to nightmares.. we are still dating, but my family will not allow me to see him. Im torn between giving him another chance and just walking away. My emotions are drowning me.and im unsure how to handle anyting that im feeling...

Sorry for rambling i just had to get this out. Thanks for reading

i never thought that he would physically harm me. I was wrong... now im dealing with the trauma if the event.

I would call this a deal breaker. Run away fast and you have good parents to keep him away they are only keeping you safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back