1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Recently Diagnosed and Husband has Narcissistic Personality

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by angelamarie42, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angelamarie42

angelamarie42 New Member

Hi, I was just recently diagnosed with post-traumatic stress syndrome. I am married to a man who has been diagnosed with anti-social, narcassistic personality. We were married for 9 years before I found out what the situation really was. I thought it was all my fault and almost died one year ago. Now I finally have hope because I have some good help. I hope to find a community that I can support others and also be supported. I wish the best for everyone who reads this. May you have strength in your walk, and I hope the same for me.:smile:

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Welcome to the forum.

4. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Welcome to the forum

bec

5. Seeking_Nirvana

Seeking_Nirvana I'm a VIP

Hi angel, welcome to the forum. I hope everything gets better for you.

Peace
    Tammy

6. nie

nie Wishing for wings to fly. Premium Member Donated

:hello: Welcome

7. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Hi,

Welcome. Hope that you are doing better...

8. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

Hi Angel, ....................
    and Welcome to the forum.

Hope

9. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Hi Angel.

I just wanted to add something. You had said that you've been diagnosed with the syndrome not the disorder. I'm not sure if you are aware of the difference or are confused some. The disorder is incurable. It creates a chemical imbalance between the two hemispheres of the brain. The term syndrome is no longer used. Also there is Acute Stress Reaction which was also referred to as Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. This is the immediate reaction to a traumatic event (up to about six months I believe.)

As I have no idea of what traumatic incident (or incidents) you have endured I'm not sure which you were referring to. Could you please clarify for me? I would appreciate it.

bec

10. two_isles

two_isles New Member

first, welcome.
    and two,
    I am not surprised at the hand and glove thing regarding both you and your husband's diagnoses.
    I recently was diagnosed with PTSD , anxiety disorder, and borderline.
    All as a result of being in a cult, or
    coersive persuasive group...the leader
    having axis II narcissitic personality disorder.

I will try to find the links for you for axis II
    disorders.
    I must tell you , Hitler was this very form.

There is only one way out.

I am 6 months into recovery.
    And the "triggers" are all encompassing life things: music associations, symbols, things one normally wears, greeting cards, "teachings" or "orations", smells and the associations akin....it is ENDLESS.

on a side note, for former "students" of this group, there is a forum with a wealth of information concerning such groups.
    it is called:
    enlightenmefree.com

another person you can contact, who has 30 years experience with such groups and group leaders is Joe Szimhart

11. two_isles

two_isles New Member

narcissitic personality disorder and PTSD go hand in hand.
    as can be verified by various "cult" experiences.
    Google Joe Szmihart.
    he has been studying these axis II's for over thirty years.
    try the Rick Ross institute dot org
    for more info
    (esp those who have been beaten by their spouses)
    check out
    enlightenmefree dot com
    My saving grace.....
    I am alive and well, because of these resources...

12. angelamarie42

angelamarie42 New Member

Thank u for the information. I will check it out.
    Angel

13. angelamarie42

angelamarie42 New Member

It would take me a long time to tell you exactly all the traumas I've been through, Bec. It started with physical abuse and mental abuse when I was born. The abuse came from my biological mother. At 3 I was abandoned and sent to live with my maternal grandmother who isolated me in the house from the time I was 13. 10 years ago I got married and moved to another country. After I arrived I was sexually abused, mentally abused, and was told for years it was all my fault. Now at this point I am on medication for panic attacks, depression, and I believe complex post traumatic stress disorder. Now, whether I have been diagnosed properly I don't know. In the last 10 years I've been diagnosed with many different psychological problems. However, this is the first time in 10 years I am getting better. The biggest trauma, was being bullied, isolated, etc. in my relationship. He is so good at pretending to be another person no one even believed what was happening until a few months ago. I finally received support when I got a female Dr., psychiatrist, and psychiatric nurse. Now that I've told you some of the story maybe it answers your question? If not, I can tell you more.
    Thanks for the question. The more I can learn the better.
    Angel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar