• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Recently diagnosed.ptsd and bipolar

Status
Not open for further replies.

katelynn

New Here
I'm eighteen years old,and I have been recently diagnosed with PTSD and bipolar.I had been in the hospital on and off for attempting suicide since I was 12.As a child,I was physically abused by my mom and stepdad.I had also witnessed my stepdad beat my mother. Both of them were alcoholics and,later,meth addicts,so that may have influenced the abuse.I had always considered the behavior normal,and still wonder to this day if what happened to me was really abuse.I am really confused.After talking about these issues with my boyfriend,I can't stop thinking about them.I have had not been able to hold a job recently.I find it impossible to do the most basic stuff and have been having anxiety attacks again.I joined this forum mainly to get clarity of what happened and advice of what to do to stop feeling this way.thank you

Hi @katelynn. I'm very sorry for what happened to you. You found a very supportive group of people here, so glad you found us!!

People with more insight will come along with information for you.

Take care of yourself! XO

I'm eighteen years old,and I have been recently diagnosed with PTSD and bipolar.I had been in the hosp...
Hello Katelynn, I am new to this site as well and I am recently diagnosed with ptsd also. I feel the same way about the childhood abuse I fell victim to as well. I question whether it's real or imagined. So dont feel alone in your struggle to have validation that it was abuse. Purposely hurting another person especially a child is never ok. We were conditioned by the abuse to question our own memories, I know I was. I am know to dissociate and I do have missing blocks of time from childhood but as I have aged (45) I learned that what I do remember, if it happened to a child in front of me today, i know it wasn't ok. No matter how much anyone tried to convince me, it would never be ok to treat someone that way, much less an innocent child. I don't care what they had done.

Hi @Cardinal welcome :-)
Lately hasn' been on the site since last August so she might not see your message. Anyhow welcome, and you'e right, kids don't deserve abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back