• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Remember Walking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananie

Confident
When you thought you couldn't stand, remember what it feels like.
That's a lyric from Rob Thomas, The Great Unknown. It helps me at the times when I really think I can't, or just don't want to, go on. I do remember, and I remember how I always keep going, like all of us here, in any way possible. So I'm sharing it with you all this morning. I hope every one has an amazing day.

I'm sorry it's taken so long for a reply, Bananie! I'm glad you posted this thread. It's a great reminder for us all when we feel like we just can't go another step. Thank you!

It's funny you replied to this today. I guess i needed the reminder myself. But I wonder if it's the reminder to keep going, or to not be so pretentious. I don't even know. All I know is I just walked out of work because I couldn't stop crying, not even over anything important, just the feeling of being trapped at the job and in this life, and will probably get fired over it, and all the trying to keep walking and staying strong and positivity doesn't seem to be helping, and I'm a messy failure.
Though lyrics just came on "shame doesn't become you. There are no mistakes in the final view ".

Regardless of the consequences, you have to honour your feelings. There are days when you stumble and fall and just have to lay in the dirt and cry. You'll get back up when you're ready, and if you need a hand up, we're here for you.

My last day of work two years ago, I cried for two hours for no apparent reason, unable to get control of my emotions. I finally walked out, too. That was the day I was diagnosed with PTSD. It marked the last day that I was able to pretend to be someone I wasn't, and the first day of my life as the real me.

Know that you owe yourself every one of those tears. They're helping you heal. Please, keep us posted. (((Bananie)))

Reactions: New
I often, but maybe not often enough, thank God that I can walk. I have friends that are in wheelchairs or use walkers and cannot move or go anywhere without these things. When I walk the quarter mile to the grocery or the pharmacy, I am so grateful that I can do so. I don't own a vehicle, so this is really about the only way I can get around without asking someone for a ride or taking the bus. Around here, way out in the boonies, in the mountains, you have to call Transit 24 or even 48 hours in advance, to make a reservation in order to ride the bus, so walking is kind of an essential skill!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back