• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Rescue dog buddy as therapeutic support...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flip flop

Confident
I did something wonderful for myself yesterday.

I was able to adopt a rescue dog, and she is awesome. Found her through a rescue network and picked her up yesterday.

I am so grateful and happy to have this new buddy. She seems so happy....her mood brightens mine. My pdoc said I can bring her to sessions if I want.

Thank god for dogs. Seems almost too good to be true, yet it is. My nerves were shot to hell because I was so nervous wanting everything to be perfect for the dog when I brought her home.

Just wanted to share some good news.

@Flip flop That's awesome! Congratulations! I rehomed my first rescue dog after losing and grieving the loss of my beloved Emotional Support Dog who was a shelter adoption. Like Shelter adoptions Rescues are awesome even when they come as they do, they find you! I found my rescue through a Social Media group and I have been thrilled to know my dog Winnie, who is my Service Dog Candidate. Anyway I am happy that you found a canine friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back