1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rescue Remedy

Discussion in 'Medications & Substances' started by bonnecanyon, Jan 1, 2010.

1. bonnecanyon

bonnecanyon New Member

Has anyone ever tried this? It's a natural stress/anxiety reliever.

I purchased it recently at the advice of my therapist and have used it several times when feeling emotional shock coming on. It seemed to help, but I wasn't completely sure since just getting up and putting the drops under my tongue could have distracted me.

The last 3 nights I've been taking it at bedtime to see if it eases that period of time before sleeps comes. I am very anxious when I first go to bed - waiting for sleep. I used to love sleeping, but now I'm lucky if I get much rest. Anyway, this really helped relax me and I plan to make it a part of my nightly routine now.

Does anyone else use this product or another natural product that works for stress relief?

Thanks
    BC
  2. Sasha

Sasha Well-Known Member

Hi Bonnecanyon, I'm really glad you've found something natural that has helped the last few nights.

I've never heard of it, but I'm going to do a search and read about it. It sounds interesting.

Wishing you a good nights rest,

Sasha
  3. She Cat

She Cat VIP Member

HI BC,

Haven't heard of this for people, but, I do know that they have the same thing for dogs... I know of a dog that takes it, and it works great on him.....

Where did you find it??? I might want to look into this for myself. Sleeping isn't so great these days.....
  4. bonnecanyon

bonnecanyon New Member

I found it in the health food section of the local grocery store, but you can order it online too. The brand name is Bach. I think it comes from England.
  5. helena

helena New Member

Hi BC,

Yes it is sold widely here (UK) by all the main pharmarcists etc as an otc herbal aid and comes in various forms such as drops; inhaler; sweets

Something else new in health shops here which is getting a lot of attention is Peoni drops. Supposed to help a variety of problems connected with anxiety and night terrors.
  6. growingpains

growingpains New Member

I have used rescue remedy for years--about 7 to be more exact. It helps with mild anxiety/stress. Though, I am not sure either if it is that putting drops on your tongue distracts you or if there is something in the liquid that actually helps. I have found mild relief with it and had friends recommend it to me.
  7. Mina

Mina VIP Member Premium Member

I haven't heard of Rescue Remedy, but can tell you that the under-the-tongue method is used so that it's quickly absorbed into the bloodstream. The homeopathics I take work the same way...under the tongue. That way they avoid having to go through more of the body and its systems than is necessary. When I take Lunesta for sleep, I dissolve it under my tongue; tastes awful, but works fast!
  8. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc VIP Member

I am very familiar with this product. It is called Bach Flowers Rescue Remedy and extremely safe and effective. So safe, in fact, it is recommended for cats! It can be purchased in ny health food store in the states
  9. SunnyBrookFarm

SunnyBrookFarm New Member

I actually have a bottle left over from my oldest dog (who recently passed on to the land of forever treats and play toys). I have never personally tried it, but it worked like a charm for her (during thunderstorms and car rides).

In the US -it can be found at almost any health food store including the "chain health food grocery stores".
  10. cragger65

cragger65 New Member

I haven't tried Rescue Remedy, but something called Nuerovita made by Rubimed has brought an end to rampant anxiety for me after suffering with it for years. It's about $35 here in Canada, and lasts about 3 months... pretty good deal IMO. Very similar stuff, I'm sure. I think there is even some connection between Bach and Rubimed, same creator perhaps? Not sure.
  11. 2quilt

2quilt New Member

Hey Bonnecanyon,
    I love your icon with the Chinese or Japanese symbol. Where did you find it, and what does it say?
  12. tryintobreathe

tryintobreathe New Member

I used to give it to my German Shepherd years ago! My vet recommended it and it seemed to help her for stressful things like car trips. I remember it came in a little bottle with a dropper.

Jen