• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Responses To Your Therapist That You Will Probably Never Say

Status
Not open for further replies.
On flubbering around hopelessly trying to discuss something I ask if the T understands. T's answer. "But do YOU understand?"

I didn't ask you if I understood! I asked you if you understood what I said. And you obviously don't and are just fobbing me off. In fact you say that line more than anything else.

You think I would have caught on that she just did not get it at all. Not one little bit. Made me feel like a :sorry::sick::alien:

ask how do I think I should do it?!
My partner thought it would help me solve problems that I had until he realized that our explosive domestics were directly caused by his response, if I ask for help, it's usually because my brain power has failed me yet again!

And yes, my maths teacher was like that and worse, his treatment caused a mental block that I was unable to break for a very long time......and then I got PTSD! Geez!

"So like...how crazy am I compared to the average patient"

:D :D :D

This thread was really funny!! It made me laugh a lot! THANK you for sharing!

I did tell my therapist, during EMDR, "You stubborn son of a bitch!", and he laughed. And now he has told me several times he really enjoy seeing me finding that part of me a lot more lately.. ?? :D

Sometimes I want to tell him:

"You can stop saying those things. I can hear that you just are repeating what you learned and that you're not 'in it' for real right now, and it's not working for me so please shut up!" (when he is saying "nice things", but I hear that he really is thinking about other things.. Sometimes I hear that he really is meaning those words, and those times it's alright.)

Sometimes I'm about to say:

T: Can you say the word care
M: No but I can spell it.

:D :D :D

I met a very unprofessional Psychiatrist and he said(after talking to me for 15 minutes; without never seeing me before that and knowing absolutely nothing about me) that I was Bipolar. My T. does not think I am, and we were discussing how being treated like that by the Psychiatrist(who did more than just act unprofessional and made me really get in touch with all those old feelings of being treated like shit) made me feel. And at one point those words I didn't mean to say slipped out, somehow:

Me: "If I'm bipolar,you too must be bipolar! (he as intense as I can be, or really much worse at times!:D )
T: "Would you believe me if I said that I've been thinking the same thing and actually almost asked P.(psychiatrist) just that question?"

I really do like my T.! He said it so quickly, so I don't think he can have made it up just to comfort me.. (but of course I don't know, and sometimes when I'm scared I think everything he do is a manipulation.. :confused: )

"You can stop saying those things. I can hear that you just are repeating what you learned and that you're not 'in it' for real right now, and it's not working for me so please shut up!" (when he is saying "nice things", but I hear that he really is thinking about other things.. Sometimes I hear that he really is meaning those words, and those times it's alright.)

I have a version of this, thinking that my therapist will automatically respond a certain way because that's her approach and not because that's her reaction as a human being.

I wonder what a therapists' thread of "responses to your client you will probably never say" would be???

This is hilarious! My T is amazing (actually has dealt with her own PTSD which helps me know she understands), but she once said something along the lines of PTSD sucks. My response was: "Sucks" is pretty much the understatement of the century. Stubbing your toe and breaking it sucks, doing badly on a presentation sucks...this is much much more difficult."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back