• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Responses To Your Therapist That You Will Probably Never Say

Status
Not open for further replies.
My T at the end of our session: What do you think having this trust issues would do to your partner say after a year of dealing with them? *bell rings*
Me: *desperately* I don't know but I don't want to end with that thought!

What I'd like to have said: Oh that's lovely. Lets leave the session with me feeling anxious over trust problems and add a fear of ruining another human being to it.

Pencil,

Regrettably, next Tuesday. I live for schedule conflicts so that we can cancel. My father loves him so much he slapped him on the back the last time we were there. I've never seen my father bond with a guy like this. It IS very much like a John Cleese interpretation, wacky! I wish my father had not bonded with him! He apparently has seen his wife with him as well.

As they say, if we didn't laugh, we would CRY! I've already broke it to dear dad that I thought he was sexist and inconsistent. I'll report back to you, Pencil.

91 Girl, I've been wearing my poker face. Believe me, I do a little jig when the session ends.

T: Are you suicidal
M:Isn't everyone?
T:Do you have a plan?
M: Why would I tell you my plan? If I really wanted to hurt myself why would I tell you?

Oh MomOfTwo I so relate, I'm sending you hugs. It's so frustrating to experience SI and confront those things we do and be held accountable. It's like when I quit smoking I had to have a pack of cigarettes somewhere. Just in case. You sound very strong and independent minded. I hope that you have a good therapist that can really talk with you... mine seems to take in what I say and the next session react accordingly. Usually, it reinforces our relationship when my therapist is pushing an issue like say about meds and actually shows that she listens and even reads about the reasons I say I do not think it is a good idea at the current time. There's always this uncomfortable point of contention that leads up to that point in our therapy.

T: Why are you keeping all the pills?
M:I don't know
T:Would you be willing to get rid of them?
M:No

I hope you come out of the other side of these sessions... I have let go of my SI only because it was so exhausting on top of all my anxiety and PTSD symptoms. Every now and then it pops up in my head, but I don't react to it as much as before. This entire disorder is too tiring and time consuming! I'm keeping me you in my thoughts and look forward to an update.

Me: *saying something a bit awkward*
Him: *sitting there with a wide-eyed, eye brows raised expression on his face*
Me: What?
Him: You might see the expression on my face but I am not judging. I am listening.

What I want to say: yeah right, buddy. I am not even saying anything that shocking and I can elicit such a reaction from you so you ARE judging. I want to say something truly shocking just to see how you react.

You might see the expression on my face but I am not judging. I am listening.

Same here!

T: "I can turn around if you want. With another client I always sat with my back facing her." (No idiomatic English, I'm sure.)
Me: "Right, talking to your back is a real fun thing to do. Makes me feel a lot better."

I just say all that stuff, you know. I mean, hello? I'm sure she means well, but sometimes, honestly, I wonder who is the therapist and who is the very naive little kiddo.

My therapist is actually pretty good at telling when I've dissociated whilst we're talking (or she's talking generally). She'll normally ask me if I'm in the room with her or not. I once really needed a poo and was concentrating on not farting when she asked me "how present are you?". I was honest and told her I was just concentrating hard and why! She thought this was hilarious!

I have a really good relationship with my T, we both normally laugh and cry during my sessions...so it was easy to tell her I needed to dump. Besides, I think my comfort around her helps loosen me up :poop: :roflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back