• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Responses To Your Therapist That You Will Probably Never Say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cognitive distortion or not you still f*cked up and dropped the ball:cautious:
I shouldn't have to tell you that where it started was: 'I expect people to say what they mean and mean what they say' before acknowledging that yeah you actually DID maybe have some fault in what happened. Oh yeah and this wasn't the first time in the last 7 days that you have REALLY betrayed trust.
Don't expect that I'm just going to fall all over myself to forgive you, even if I do.

Okay... so I actually read this to my therapist, and we cleared things up, and then the 2 weeks later she "fired" me. But I am angry right now. So...

Dr. Therapist, what the f*ck is wrong with you? You are supposed to be a therapist. To tell me that I had some responsibility/ownership in the drinking at this party? f*ck you! Let's say that there was no alcohol at this party and I wanted to go home, I still would have f*cking left with him. He was a friend. And the drawing with his arm around me? That is just a f*cking drawing. He was being nice. He held my hand, he gave me his jacket to keep me warm. He kissed me on the cheek. If he wanted sex, shouldn't that kiss have been more suggestive?. He was a f*cking liar. I would not have known. Drunk or sober. But to use the word responsibility, that is all on him. My God, I am just sooo f*cking mad right now. I am not responsible for this. You will not change my f*cking mind.

I think there's something rather sad and telling about how everything is working when I go to SPEECH THERAPY and they pay more attention to details about my inability to do simple household chores, my isolation, and my crying than you do when I bring them up in sessions.

It's more than PTSD, f*ck man, it's more than depression now, I'm getting my ass kicked and no one's is helping.
ETA
Don't expect that I'm just going to fall all over myself to forgive you, even if I do
Yeah You STILL haven't called the neurologist. Don't think I've forgotten that either.
You've made it clear I can't count on you.
Thanks

I am so sorry that you feel really bad that you can't see me, a new client, for three weeks due to your vacation and conference schedule issues. And yeah, you got your regulars in on those Mondays that you will be working, but no room for the new one that just told you a verbal history that makes her secretly think that you are horrified and don't want to ever see her again. I get it. I am not important enough to be in your limited schedule. But really... it doesn't matter. I spent this entire session wanting to run out of here. My heart was pounding because you are wearing my trigger color. And your rug is my other trigger color. And I wanted to leave, but I was actually kind of frozen, so... "glad to meet you!" I really don't mind this 3 week break. It might take that much time to calm the f*ck down anyway.

You know what /is/ my therapy? Not getting the damned therapy because the moment I start relaxing, there's hypervig kicking in and (that's-not-my-job-anymore-goddamn-it). Don't even get me started on how f*cking tired I am I'm able to drop everything about myself, included how to feed myself, but not watching out for security threats.

Because apparently that's what f*cking happens.
Oh, right. None therapist that'd get /that/.
Where do even people /get/ those therapists that would get someone is less capable than a toddler where self care is concerned & high functioning in areas they were trained in / are passionate about? f*ckit. Nowhere. Pointless rant. Promise I'm done with it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back