1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Returning After Break - Deep Dark Place, Realized I Need Support

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by canucklady, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canucklady

canucklady Active Member

Hello Everyone,

Feel strange to come back here. I was in very deep dark depression. Didn't have energy to even come online. I am battling my way out now. I have come to realize I cannot do this alone.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Good to see you back CL.

4. Monarch

Monarch I'm a VIP Premium Member

welcome back, dive back in there are great people here!

5. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

:hello: Welcome back!!!! This is the place you can always come back to!!! :thumbs-up ...HEARING THE PEACE.....DREAMING THE PEACE

6. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Welcome back CL!

Glad to hear your fighting your way out!

bec

7. nov_silence

nov_silence Well-Known Member

Great to have your back!

Mad Props for the work you did...and for coming back to the forum.

Nov

8. cactus_jack

cactus_jack Well-Known Member

CL I may not say it outright to you or to others, but I still have you and your health in my prayers.

9. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Welcome back CL... its actually a good sign that you went to that place, because now you just proved to yourself that you can come back out of it... pushing yourself will put you there, but each time you come out, "there" gets much less, to the point where you can push yourself with little to no after effect. Basically, experience makes us better and shows us how to mentally cope with issues again, instead of just getting severely depressed. Learn from our experience, learn from our mistakes...

10. canucklady

canucklady Active Member

It seems like I am spiralling "there" again. I am trying to stop it, by not isolating, but being around people right now, just causes me to panic. I keep telling myself this too shall pass. But I guess lack of sleep makes it difficult to think clearly. Some days all I can do is cry and lay in bed, but deep down I know I have to get moving and get out of the house. It is like part of me doesn't want to get better and is sabataging recovery. Not sure if that makes sense.

11. kers

kers I'm a VIP

Maybe part of you wants to get better but part of your is a little scared or nervous to? Makes sense to me. Recovery IS scary.

12. sparta21

sparta21 Member

Hi cl. I'm new here, but I also isolate myself and know this doesn't help. However, sometimes it's just impossible for me to leave my apartment. Writing and reading here is a good sign, I think. It's reaching out and cutting some of the isolation. I know how friggin' tough this is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar