1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Rock Bottom - A Typical Day Within The World of PTSD

Discussion in 'General' started by anonymous, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think I am hitting rock bottom. My flashbacks are beginning to be unbearable, and I am so depressed. My head is pounding and I am back where I was a year ago. I am holding my g/f as she passes away. I am feeling crushed and defeated. I did not leave my room at all today except when my mom checked in. I cant escape the nightmares even when I am awake. I am feeling very isolated like everyone is judging me. im feeling very sick and nauseous. I do not know what to do, or how to stop this. I am very confused. I hate myself for not being able to do anything. Why am I always upset??? I am sorry i just need to get it out.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Pleae read the "sticky post" at the top. It can increase your symptoms here, so much so when new. Is this the time of year at the time of the incident as you say it has not been this bad for a year... Anniversarys can jack you up and you need to reach out to mom. Getting it out is good. Too much of the board is not good for you as I am supposed to not be here for a couple weeks myself so yes, pot calling the kettle black.

4. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

hang on , anon. give yourself a break from the forum for a couple days. that isolated feeling? it's a symptom, it's not just you-so remember it's the ptsd, and it's not really true. i am sure no one is judging you, except you. and that is the hardest. you have to forgive yourself--you did nothing wrong by surviving. you had nothing to do with who lived or died, not in your control. do something good for yourself today, pretend like you are one of your best friends, what would you do for someone you love that's in your shoes? do that!
    cathy

5. Josh77

Josh77 Active Member

all good advice above... i had the same problem and was told to take a break from the forum; also, take it SLOW. this is not a race to get better!! hang in there, anon... we are listening.

Josh

6. GR-ass

GR-ass Well-Known Member

it's not a race? Dammit.

Joking aside, I'm much the same way at the moment. Just feel like I'm drowning in this shit again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar