• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

MVA Rollover Accident Survivors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliCrash24

New Here
I've survived two rollover accidents, both of which happened within a year of each other. The first accident happened after a heavy rainfall and I went around a corner, and the second happened when I was driving down a narrow road and had to swerve out of the way of another car coming straight toward me. Both accidents left me with only bruises and severe concussions, and later I was diagnosed with PTSD. I've never met anyone else that has survived a rollover car accident. Is there anyone else here that's been in a similar kind of accident?

@AliCrash24 I have had the misfortune or good fortune depending upon how you look at it to have survived 4 rollover accidents. The first was in a vehicle that my older sister was driving, she was going way to fast and she hit a bad patch of gravel and we flipped and end back on our axle.
The second was when I was 12 and learning to drive. I was on a gravel road and made the mistake of reaching for the radio, as my right hand turned the volume my left turned the steering wheel into the ditch and we rolled over on the top to end on the drivers side.
The third time I was 17, drunk and it should have killed me, I rolled my car end over end twice, I walked away mostly uninjured. The last time I was in my 20's I hit a patch of black ice and I rolled into the ditch, walked away uninjured.
Unfortunately, I have been in far too many accidents in my life. Either as passenger or driver I have been in at least 6 accidents in addition to the 4 rollovers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've survived two rollover accidents, both of which happened within a year of each other. The first...

Yes, I recently was in a
slow rollover when hit by another car. No scratches, just one bruise on top of head, but in a week after accident the musculoskeletal and mental issues began.
Now, I finally got in to see psychiatrist and do have PTSD.....says I am still suffering the results of becoming conscioius during the roll and reaching for something, thinking I was dying then going back unconscious. The new sleep meds (also a blood pressure med) has helped me not have nightmares anymore and I already am not so nervous with the anti depressants and anxiety meds. Thank You, Christ,s for creating people who can be doctors and for the scientists who can create the meds, and that they help us when we are hurting and do not know how to live any more.

I've survived two rollover accidents, both of which happened within a year of each other. The first...
I surrvived a roll over. Driving in the car with a friend on.the highway. She hit a sudden patch of traffic during rush hour. I was texting she was driving looked up..screamed..saw brake lights..felt the care spin..then flip 3 three times ..then slide across the high way. Some how crushed two fingers detroyed the joints blood vessels in one. I lost my 5th digit and part of my 3rd finger. I have limited range of motion in my hard...nerve pain...intoletance to cold..hypersensitivity. I know its a miralce thats all that happen. But psychologically im fried..i totally avoid my girlfriends i just have no stomach to see or really talk. I feel like im pushing them away..i can focus at work..irritable. So im sure i have ptsd and can no longer avoid going to therapy.

my friend rolled his car going 110, spun sideways hit the curb and rolled 3 times on the 3 lane highway landing on the roof. i was in the passenger seat trying to get out soon realizing we’re in the middle of a dark highway with cars approaching at 60+. doors flew open when the car rolled so getting out wasn’t to difficult but the entire roof had caved.. that happened tonight about 2 hours ago still kinda in shock. I denied medical help but feeling serious pain in my shoulder where the roof caved on me. was going to wait till tomorrow to see how bad it actually is. firefighters said it was a miracle we walked away.. the pictures are crazy, any insight would help, thanks.

Is there anyone else here that's been in a similar kind of accident?

I have twice both in VW bugs....once when I was three years old and my mom was driving and the next thing I knew my brother and I were tossed about as the car went over the side and rolled down a mountain. He was unharmed, both of my parents were thrown out of the car and I had to have stitches on the top of my head and I felt it and it was scary.

Later on when I was nineteen years old, my stupid boyfriend was zipping from side to side of the road and I was begging him to stop and the car went into some gravel on the side of the road and we rolled over twice and ended up in a field car right side up and a bottle had hit me on the head.

I already had PTSD from my abusive family growing up as a child. As a result I now experience anxiety while driving because I always think that I am going to get into a accident being hit by a reckless driver.

Both times I walked away with no broken bones.

In the first accident my abusive father did not have a scratch but the car had rolled over my abusive mother and broken her back and ribs.

I thought in the second accident that this is what it feels like to die because everything was in slow motion and I always have wondered how I could escape both of the accidents. It is a strange mystery to me that is for sure.

I survived a rollover accident.Another driver ran a stop sign and hit my truck causing me to slide sideways and then rollover.Four months later I can still hear all the sounds and experience the accident just like the minute it happened. I wish I had a dollar for every time someone said that I was so lucky. Fractured ribs and PTSD is not my idea of luck.Glad to be alive but could really have done without the free daily video of the crash playing in my head

Yes, I recently was in a
slow rollover when hit by another car. No scratches, just one bruise on top of head, bu...
Sounds like me

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I survived a rollover. I was driving my car down the interstate and lost control we slide across the lane and flipped 4 times. I fractures my wrist and sprained my ankle. My friend had a minor head cut and sprained wrist. I was conscious the whole time. I have PTSD and it haunts me. We survived but it's something I won't ever forget!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back