1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Sad Day - Need Some Cheering Up

Discussion in 'Social' started by Grama-Herc, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc I'm a VIP

Took my beloved kitty Lovey to the vet today and found out she had a large tumor on her liver. It was inoperable so the only thing to do was to put her down. I am so upset. Help me out guys

xo_eve_ox likes this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Aww I am very sorry Herc, that is very sad, we have 3 cats and I love them all. The one cat is really attached to me and I know I would be devastated if he died. I don't know what else to say, just so sorry, it is very hard to lose a pet, take care.

4. zoe

zoe Well-Known Member

I am so sorry about your cat. I've been there before with my dog. There really isn't anything anyone can say to make that easier but I wish I could. When I lost my dog I picked a special flower (actually the one he always ate) and surrounded it with "cool" stones and a small fence to remember him by - of course the memories are on the inside and are with you always anyway.

Take care,

Jmp

5. Jet

Jet Well-Known Member

Grieve not, nor speak of me with tears,
    but laugh and talk of me as if
    I were beside you. I loved you so...
    'twas Heaven here with you.

Isla Paschal Richardson

Herc, I am so sorry.

Blessings to you and Lovey,
    you are in my prayers.

Jet

xo_eve_ox likes this.
  6. xo_eve_ox

xo_eve_ox New Member

Herc, I am so sorry about your precious friend. I wish there was something I could say to make it easier on you, but I don't know anything. I will send you good thoughts and keep you in my prayers. Be very gentle with you for the next few weeks.
    Gentle hugs, Eve

7. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

HUGS Herc I am so sorry, it sounds so stupid but she is in a better place now -no more pain she will always watch over you you 'll never be alone

8. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Herc,

So sorry to hear about your kitty.

*Hugs and more hugs*

9. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc I'm a VIP

I just want to thank all of you for your prayers and kind blessings. You guys do help even if you feel like you can't. My heart is warm and I feel blessed to have you to share with

Thanks very much from my heart Herc

10. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Hugs.... All I can say, I know it hurts

11. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

I'm so sorry Herc. I know what it's like. We lost our cat Tom last July to hyperthyroid/old age. Now we're trying to keep buying more time via medication and diet for our other elder cat, Hank, who has hyperthyroid and beginning kidney failure (though not due to the pet food fiasco). Sending prayers for you and Lovey.

12. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc I'm a VIP

My prays for you Hodge and your Hank. It is amazing how deeply these little furry creatures ingrain themselves into our lives. They can capture a large piece of our hearts forever and we love them for it. Keep your chin up and a smile on your face. Hercules, B.C., Miss Fancy Pants and I are praying for you and yours HERC

13. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

Thank you, HERC. They are like members of our family...heck, they are members of our family.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar